I'm in the last days of my pregnancy with a horrible cold. Could my baby get it?

I'm in the last days of my pregnancy having braxton hicks contractions. As of two days ago 1cm already dilated. I have a horrible cold and worried about my baby possibly getting it after he's born. Anything I could do or that the doctors would do to prevent him from getting it?

I'm only worried about the baby. I've been taking good care of myself trying to get over the cold, but I'm just plain running out of time.

Favorite Answer

I had an URI (upper respiratory infection) when my son was born. It can't be passed. They did put me on an antibiotic IV drip during delivery to ensure I would get better. They say infants have a natural built up immunity to all our colds and stuff.

Given the chills/burning up, evidently such as you have a fever. Are your breasts sore in any respect? you have mastitis, or purely a virulent disease. If that's a breast an infection (mastitis) you prefer a prescription out of your wellbeing care expert for an antibiotic. as quickly as you're on which you will sense greater useful in an afternoon or so. in any different case, dizzy spells and problems could be brought about by ability of dehydration, low blood sugar, loopy hormones, and an entire host of alternative issues. ensure you're looking after your self (eating adequate, eating assorted water, getting adequate relax, and so on.). If that doesn't help, visit the wellbeing care expert. you could take tylenol or ibprofin or maximum different over-the-counter meds. you need to keep away from any product containing aspirin, yet maximum different headache/migraine drugs are positive.

I dont think you will pass the cold on to the baby. I just had a baby 2 weeks ago and for the last few weeks of my pregnancy i had a terrible cold that would not go away and I was nervous about passing it on, and I was just told that a lot of women get colds in their eighth and ninth months which dont seem to go away. Dont worry- as soon as you give birth, your cold will go away and so will the crazy stuffiness too!

Good luck with the labor and everything I hope it goes easy, and feel good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, just take good care of yourself and don't stress - otherwise the baby will also feel that you are worried and stressed.

See a good Naturopath - they are wonderful and have excellent natural products that they can prescribe and that are safe during pregnancy.

i dont think you will pass the cold onto your baby so dont worry it just doesnt help you when you need all the energy you can get for labour

goodluck with the baby and birth iam sure they will be beautiful and as soon as you hold them you will forget you even had a cold

I wouldn't worry about it. But if you are, you can get a prescription for Keflex which will help and it doesn't hurt the baby. But remember....if you feel bad the baby feels you. So take some tylenol and hope you feel better.

Source(s): Neonatal Intensive Care Nurse

You might need to wear a medical face mask after delivery until you feel better. Just to be safe. Newborns bodys are very vulnerable at that point! I'd suggest wearing a medical face mask and asking anybody else who is sick to wear one too as well as wash their hands before touching baby.

no i dont think so that ur baby will catch cold if you have it... so dont worry and just take good care of urself... all the best

I had the flu when I had my baby. Don't worry about it. Can't be passed on.