I would like to know who supports the IRS, and those that don't. If a President said he would get rid of it,

Favorite Answer

I 100% DO NOT support the IRS, or any of the other greedy, nosy, intrusive alphabet soup of government agencies, in Washington D.C. that bleed its citizens of their

hard-earned money.

If it were up to me, I would eliminate the IRS, the FBI, the DEA, the ATF, the CIA, and the rest of the useless agencies in D.C., and then I'd get rid of ALL income taxes, estate taxes & the other dozens of taxes that did NOT exist 100 years ago & were only put into place in the last 1/2 century by greedy politicians who just wanted a way to fund their wasteful, frivolous spending with no responsibility to the taxpayers.

I read this poem someplace online (its kind of long, but important!) and its shocking in its truth about the United States today:

Tax his land,

Tax his bed,

Tax the table

At which he's fed.

Tax his tractor,

Tax his mule,

Teach him taxes

Are the rule.

Tax his cow,

Tax his goat,

Tax his pants,

Tax his coat.

Tax his ties,

Tax his shirt,

Tax his work,

Tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco,

Tax his drink,

Tax him if he

Tries to think.

Tax his cigars,

Tax his beers,

If he cries, then

Tax his tears.

Tax his car,

Tax his gas,

Find other ways

To tax his a*s

Tax all he has

Then let him know

That you won't be done

Till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers,

Then tax him some more,

Tax him till

He's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin,

Tax his grave,

Tax the sod in

Which he's laid.

Put these words

upon his tomb,

"Taxes drove me

to my doom..."

When he's gone,

Do not relax,

Its time to apply

The inheritance tax.

Also, did you all know that the US & LIBYA are the only nations in the world to tax its citizens on WORLDWIDE INCOME??

EVERY other nation taxes on RESIDENCY ONLY, NOT CITIZENSHIP!

If that's not bad enough, the US is SO GREEDY, that they even tax former citizens on WORLDWIDE INCOME for up to TEN YEARS after they are no longer American citizens!

Rather than taxes for everything under the sun & the IRS with their complex, complicated rules, tax codes & forms, I would instead establish ONE FLAT ANNUAL TAX & that would be the ONLY TAX that people would have to pay.

This tax would be based on a person's or corporation's TOTAL NET WORTH & would apply only to people who live/reside in the U.S. regardless of citizenship or immigration status.

In other words, like most other countries in the world, we will only tax on residency, NOT citizenship.

Therefore, American citizens living abroad, who are often citizens in name only, WILL NOT be forced to pay taxes for services they never use or get the benefits of.

The elderly, the truly disabled (physically or mentally disabled) & those with full-time employment, those who earn under $50,000 per year will pay ABSOLUTELY NO taxes AT ALL (cuz those with families who are on minimum wage (or just above it) struggle hard enough as it is & need all the breaks that they can get)

The rest of the taxes will be:

$50,000 - $99,999 will pay 3%

$100,000 - $249,999 will pay 6%

$250,000 - $499,999 will pay 12%

$500,000 - $749,999 will pay 18%

$750,000 - $999,999 will pay 21%

$1 MILLION - $2 MILLION will pay 24%

$2 MILLION - $3 MILLION will pay 27%

$3 MILLION - $5 MILLION will pay 30%

ABOVE $5 MILLION will pay 36%

Other than this flat annual tax, there will be NO OTHER TAXES WHATSOEVER! NO income taxes, NO estate taxes, no sales taxes, no gas taxes, NOTHING!

Just ONE FLAT ANNUAL TAX FOR EVERYONE! SIMPLE!

Seriously, look below at the number of taxes (I may have forgot some, I hope not!) we all have here today:

Accounts Receivable Tax

Building Permit Tax

CDL license Tax

Cigarette Tax

Corporate Income Tax

Dog License Tax

Federal Income Tax

Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)

Fishing License Tax

Food License Tax

Fuel permit tax

Gasoline Tax (42 cents per gallon)

Hunting License Tax

Income Tax

Inheritance Tax

Interest expense

Inventory tax

IRS Interest Charges IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)

Liquor Tax

Luxury Taxes

Marriage License Tax

Medicare Tax

Property Tax

Real Estate Tax

Service charge taxes

Social Security Tax

Road usage taxes

Sales Tax

Recreational Vehicle Tax

School Tax

State Income Tax

State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)

Telephone federal excise tax

Telephone federal universal service fee tax

Telephone federal, state and local surcharge taxes

Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax

Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax

Telephone state and local tax

Telephone usage charge tax

Utility Taxes

Vehicle License Registration Tax

Vehicle Sales Tax

Watercraft registration Tax

Well Permit Tax

Workers Compensation Tax

Not a SINGLE ONE of these taxes existed 100 years ago,

& yet we were one of the most successful nations in the world.

We had absolutely no national debt, the largest middle class anywhere in the world & Mom was able to stay home to raise the kids. As a result, kids got the needed attention from both their parents (because Dad & Mom did NOT have to work multiple jobs just to make ends meet) & they weren't out joining gangs, getting pregnant & shooting up their schools.

This country was so prosperous, it was the ideal destination for the waves of immigrants who wanted "a better life". It was the dream of everyone to live here in America - NOT ANY MORE!!

Now the only way to have "a better life" is to renounce US citizenship, and move to the multitude of other countries in the world that either have no taxes at all, or do not tax income.

For example, Vanuatu has no income tax, no capital gains tax, no estate or inheritance tax, etc. Places like Monaco, the Caribbean, Panama, Belize, Caymans, British Virgin Islands, and many other countries have little or no taxes AT ALL!

Yet even renouncing US citizenship is no guarantee, because if the GREEDY US government thinks that you are renouncing your US citizenship SOLELY for tax reasons, then they are allowed to tax you on your WORLDWIDE income for up to 10 years AFTER renunciation!!

Is it any wonder that the rich get richer, and the middle class, the working class, and the poor stay poor or get poorer??

So instead I'd eliminate the IRS and other than the flat annual tax, there will be NO OTHER TAXES WHATSOEVER! NO income taxes, NO estate taxes, no capital gains tax, no sales taxes, no gas taxes, NOTHING!

No need for any IRS! Just this ONE FLAT ANNUAL TAX FOR EVERYONE! SIMPLE!

I know I'm going to get modded down, but I'm sick and tired of bad comparisons being treated as facts.

I just love how all the anti-IRS people say we can get by with a flat tax.

The IRS collects the money. No matter what rules and taxation rates would be set by CONGRESS, there will still be an IRS TO COLLECT THE MONEY!

Using Bush Sucks' example:

If a couple makes $99k each. They're consultants. So individually they pay 3% income tax. Total $5,940.

But an individual who makes $198 pays 6% would pay TWICE that yet the same income.

And that makes sense how?

Try again.

You can bet that the one person will find a way to split the jobs so they come out to smaller amounts, so they pay less taxes.

And if you take the argument that its total incomes calculated at the end of the year just like it does now, you've just argued FOR the IRS.

Try again.

And how much of that money goes where? How much does the federal government get versus the state?

Guess what you've just gone backwards in history to the Articles of Confederacy... You just want too far back...

Try again...

To those who say "Just say NO to so and so tax..."

That means some one somewhere is either going to slip through the cracks, or fall victim to someone.

Let's get rid of the military. That'll work. So when France comes knocking on our door for all the trash talking we've done about their history...

Try again!

Look if you don't want running water, electricity, roads, cell phones, television, clean water, (hopefully) safe food, etc, you can live in your 100 years ago these taxes didn't exist.

Yep... try again.

If you've never used public education, the police, fire department, or any other public service, then you're right, you don't need those taxes.

But guess what... public services COST MONEY. That's why we have taxes. Think about every last public service you have access to. I'm not talking about only those services you use on a in your face basis, but all the ones that affect your life.

Public services are put in place to provide a community service that individuals cannot provide by themselves.

You don't want to pay taxes on your phone service, who pays for 911 services?

You don't want to pay property taxes? Who paid for your education growing up?

Road usage taxes? Do you not use the roads anywhere? Do you think food just magically shows up at the store?

So guess what, arguments against the IRS, aren't holding water.

TRY AGAIN!

Oh yeah, and a national sales tax... The experts say the tax rate would have to be something like 20% to support it. And thats after exempting critical things like food.

Get real facts and real numbers based on real studies. Not stuff that's just pulled off someone's tinfoil website.

I do not, and I would like to see it abolished. I would support a president who would get rid of it, and also of the Federal Reserve, and the income tax. If you dig deeply enough, and read the right books, you will understand that the legal definitions of things like wages, and employee, and employer and income, and certain other words and phrases, are extremely narrow, and do not apply to most private sector workers. But, these words and phrases are defined in the IRC, if you know where to look. The deception has been intentional. They have used words with narrow legal definitions, to protect their own butts, but these same words have very different common definitions, and they have counted on us not being aware of the narrow legal definitions, and mistakenly thinking that the words and phrases are intended to be defined in the common way. They had to make it voluntary, because by law, they cannot tax private sector workers on their labor, unless the workers can be tricked into volunteering, by making us believe that we are required to pay, even though we are not. This scam is not just bad for us as individuals, it is also bad for this country. That is why I am reading and learning all I can about it *sm*

The Sixteenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States allows Congress to assess taxes upon the people. I believe this Amendment was passed around 1895; and, to this day, February 14, 2008, no court, civil, state, or Federal, has overruled. To my knowledge, no President of the United States has ever pledged to abolish the Sixteenth Amendment.

I would vote for any presidential candidate who vowed he/she would promote the abolishment of the Sixteenth Amendment. I don't think he/she could, but I would support the effort.

• The IRS is illegal. The 16th amendment was illegally "ratified", not enough states present for voting.

The only presidential candidate I know of who would like to get rid of IRS is Ron Paul.

I believe Huckabee is in favor of a "fair tax", if you consider gvt spending your earned income fair. Otherwise, the Feds will be knocking on our doors if we don't pay. It's called gvt blackmail.

There are other ways we can pay taxes to support schools, pay for roads, etc., such as taxes according to our purchases. But the gvt is too greedy, that want to keep the people broken and beaten. Sorry, but that's just the way it is for now.

The rest of them want to tax and spend and tax and spend and tax and spend.

So, actually, we don't have to pay taxes on earned income. The gvt is lying and cheating and stealing.

Maybe someday you will be able to change that.

EDIT: Icing: I didn't thumbs down you. I am 50 years old and just plain sick of the waste. I support taxes on purchases; perhaps people will not try to live extravagantly, file bankruptcy, and the taxpayers bail them out. Also, would help priortize "gvt funded programs such as "How to use a condom" curriculum in public schools. Believe me, I taught public school 10 years (2 years private). And the 16th is illegal. But I respect your view. Hope you respect mine. Don't forget also, middle-agers are struggling to keep afloat, take care of elderly parents (Medicare is a joke) and help our children with their children. How is that fair? We do what is right and take care of family, and we are all the more penalized because we don't have "dependents" anymore?

Support taxation on purchases. I do support military and have no problem with a "special tax" during war and a special tax fund for military defense and veterans, etc. But these "social" programs are killing me.

The president cannot get rid of the IRS. Only and act of Congress can do that.

The $5,000 check just mailed to the I.R.S. in no way implies concurrence with that agency; I simply did not want to meet one of it's representatives in court.

And I would be leery of any presidential candidate who stumps on the platform of ridding us of the 'Revenuers diabolical exhortations. That will never happen.