Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 1 decade ago

Is it normal for a girl who is 13-16 years old to masterbate like 3-4 times a week? Is it okay? Healthy or not

Okay, thanks all :] And by the way I'm not against it. Just a question.

Best Answer

Yes, it's OK. Healthy? Only a religious fanatic would ask that. Masturbation (learn to spell it) is the best way to have a sexual outlet without pregnancy or disease.

And if you get a good book on the subject, you may find that masturbation starts shortly after birth. Usually during diaper change, the baby feels the cool air in an area that usually is warm. The hand starts reaching down to touch - babies use touch as a major sense for learning. Babies discover it feels good and it becomes a pattern when the diaper is removed.

As the baby gets older - toddler, pre-school, etc, the masturbation continues. Generally, just a matter of something that feels good. Orgasms don't usually show up until the early teens. Once the first orgasm hits, it becomes a wonderful pastime. Just encourage it as a solitary activity in privacy.

• K K

Yes it is perfectly normal for a girl that age or any age. If you are comfortable have the desire there is no reason not to. It is a healthy activity as long as it does not get in the way of normal necessary everyday activities.

hun ive been masturbating since the age of 7-8!

its nothing to be ashamed of and its actually healthy for you to

release some tension by getting off.and as for doing it to often,

i wouldnt even worry about that because im 16 and there have been times where i masturbated 6 times in one day..it all depends on your sex drive and

how fast you mature sexually,and as for being healthy it is very healthy for you,because it prevents you from going out and doing the real thing!!

dont listen to them fanatic conformists who will tell you that it is a sin..

as if they dont get their jollies when the lights go out..just have an open mind

and try to forget what lies people will tell you,as it is human nature to get upset when someone else has pleasure and you dont..its a very good thing to be orgasmic..and girl,dont let ANYBODY tell you that self-pleasuring is wrong,because it isnt wrong in any way..that would be like letting people tell you how to live YOUR life!..the only thing you have to be careful of is making sure you keep your hands clean and your nails trimmed and filed smooth because the last thing you want is to cut yourself or get a nasty staph or yeast infection in your vagina and then have to visit a gynocologists office..and hun,trust me it isnt fun or pretty..

~PEACE OUT~

Source(s): lots of knowledge on self-pleasure.
    • mirandaaa3 years agoReport

hello melissa im 16 now and started masterbating this yr sometimes i have so strong sex desire that i dont know how to deal with it i do it about 4 times a week, does it influence my future hearlth? thanks in advance^o^

• Janey

I dont know I did it once (im 14) and decided it wasnt for me.

Besides I had this feeling it was cheapening the wonder of my first time having sex. It was such a pale immitation of what I amagine the real thing to be. It was alot of fun though.

That is a perfectly normal frequency for an adolescent girl. Nothing not healthy about it.

Children of all ages and both sexes masterbate a lot...it is perfectly normal and part of self discovery.

No, you see normal is 3-4 times a day, just a wee bit reserved are we?

It's your body, so pleasure or deny it, at your discrestion.

Enjoy.

Wishing I could be your'n fingers.

yeh thats okay and its healthy 3 - 4 times a week is okay as long as you dont let it take over your life then thats fine and healthy

Masturbation is normal and healthy, and no you will not grow hair on your palms, those are just myths! Your going through puberty and hormones cause that effect on you. It's normal, your not weird or anything! :)

• Sam B

It is completely normal... And the only reason it would be unhealthy is if it starts interfering with other activities