asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

What are some natural remedies for preventing or destroying bacterial infections after tooth extraction?

I got 2 wisdom teeth pulled yesterday and my oral surgeon prescribed me Clindamycin HCl. I'm having shortness of breath from it, a metalic taste in my mouth, some skin itching, and occasional chest pains. I have discontinued this med, however I am worried about how my gums are healing and I'm scared of getting a bacterial infection, so is there an effective natural remedy that would work?

Favorite Answer

Clindamycin is an higher generation anti biotic, try some thing lighter like Amox 250, 3 times a day. Keep your mouth clean by properly cleaning them, brushing & gargling with mouth wash.

IF YOU WERE GIVEN CLINDAMYCIN IT IS BECAUSE YOU ARE MOST LIKELY ALLERGIC TO PENICILLIN.

STOPING THE MEDS LIKE YOU DID WAS UNWISE. SPEAK TO THE DOCTOR ABOUT YOUR SIDE-EFFECT CONCERNS AND FIND AN ALTERNATIVE IS AVAILABLE.