?
Lv 5
? asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Bayer "invented" aspirin right?

But did you know they also "invented" heroin?

Who thinks this is true?

Show of hands (or in Wolfie's case, paws).

Update:

Jay A, you get an A. For smartness, that is.

Is smartness a word?

Update 2:

Thank you Alex.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Tara
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

wouldn't surprise me one bit...raising paw!!

xoxo

• Sherri
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Studies have shown that taking aspirin with the first signs of a heart attack decreases the chance of death by 50%. Who really cares how the information is being disseminated. All that matters is that the public becomes aware of this simple, yet potentially life saving measure. Does it have to be bayer? No.

• Alex
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

In his search for an effective and better tolerated antirheumatic for his father, Bayer chemist Dr. Felix Hoffmann synthesises acetylsalicylic acid (ASA), the active ingredient in Aspirin®, in a chemically pure and stable form for the first time.

The opium poppy was cultivated in lower Mesopotamia as long ago as 3400 BC.[4] The chemical analysis of opium in the 19th century revealed that most of its activity could be ascribed to two ingredients, codeine and morphine.

Heroin was first processed in 1874 by C.R. Alder Wright, an English chemist working at St. Mary's Hospital Medical School in London

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

(Hand Raised)

It was developed by Bayer as a cure for Morphine addiction

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Raises hand

• 1 decade ago

I have no idea...but, when i was a little kid & couldn't sleep ... I'd keep getting up & finally i asked for some asprin & my dad was mad & said...I'll give you an @ss burn!!!! ...i ran so fast & jumped into bed...& laughed!!!!

Edit; oh sorry to have made this about me!!! ...herion ...isn't that the good guy in the story??!....?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

its just like how al gore 'invented' the internet.

makes perfect sense.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You mean they are one and the same?

I just paid $100 for this crap, scuse me I gotta go speak to somone.........

Source(s): Wolfie is now under my care and he is currently having a sponge bath. Rented by SEXYNURSE WOULD YOU LIKE TO RENT THIS SPACE FOR 3 DAYS? - PLEASE MAIL WOLFIE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
  • 1 decade ago

no discovered how to make synthetic aspirin

• Anna!
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

i think its true if you could see me i'd be raising my hand

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.