M & S SWOT Analysis?

HI

Can anyone help me with information or a website were I can find information to carry out SWOT analysis for Marks & Spencer

• Mike M
    Favorite Answer

There is a problem with using research on companys SWOT and that is that the economy is changing all the time - what is a strenght one months - but depending on what their competition does it could easily become a weakness!

So if you are using a SWOT for strategy planning or for an assignment - you would be better doing it yourself, showing the current data you have found and why you draw the conclusion you do - more points!!

Sites like http://www.rapidbi.com/created/SWOTanalysis.html have a lot of approaches and examples to use.

Good luck

Strengths and weaknesses are the resources of the company, for example, large geograpgical area covered by stores is a strength. large size=economies of scale is a strength.

Opportunities and Threats you can get from doing a PESTEL analysis as they relate to the environment affecting the strategies of m+s so if you do that first you will be able to think of potential threats and opportunities

Go to the library and use their search databases. I have found some very complete SWOTS that way.

Source(s): Research Analyst

write a letter to M & S and ask them what they feel their strengths and weeknesses are etc

strenghts will no doubt be branded name going back years, quality recognition for older generation (my nan swears by em)

• mise

Don't use website ask the customers