Potty Training????

My 27 month old daughter is interested in her big sisters pottying! She has tried with success a few times but still goes in her diaper. Any ideas on how I can help her figure out how to make the switch. I used M & M's as a reward for my older daughter but the little one is allergic to milk so that treat is out for her! I am at a loss!!!!!! She even wants to wear BIG girl undies but I am afraid to let her because she still goes in her diaper most of the time! HELP am sick of changing diapers!

Favorite Answer

Wow! She is ready. Let her wear undies and if she has an accident, tell her she can try harder next time. My daughter also wanted to use the big kid toilet so I researched and found a safe stool with handles that she loves. http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Child-Corporation-TPS-...

She was potty trained early and easily like your daughter probably will.

Hope this helps!

I agree to keep her in her undies. My daughter is about the same age and she HATES accidents in her undies. We both work full-time so she only gets undies at night, but we are making progress. She is starting to tell us when she goes. Now it's just the holding it until she can make it to the potty.

We do a sticker chart. Each time she pees in the potty she can put one sticker on, if she poops then she puts 2 stickers on. It works great! There has even been times when she's had an accident and when we sit her on the potty afterwards she goes a little more just so she can put a sticker on.

Leave her on her undies. Accidents will happen but she won't like the feeling of wet undies and will start doing it in the potty by day 3... guaranteed. My son did and so did my nepehews and nieces. Just make sure you take her to the potty every 30 minutes or every hour and keep reminding her or asking her "do you want to go potty".

• jammer

Here's what I did....

Get a calendar to hang in your bathroom, get her some stickers of things that she likes, every time she goes #1 allow her to put a sticker on the calendar for that day. When she goes #2 allow her to put 2 stickers on it....some days she should have quiet a few stickers, so get small ones!!! Tell her that at the end of the week, if she has stickers on her calendar for everyday of that week that you will take her somewhere and let her buy herself a prize, for being a BIG girl! That's what I did with both of my girls and they both potty trained fairly quickly!

Source(s): Two girls ages 5 and 3

I wish I had an answer for you, but I know how you feel, got my own potty training issues going on too! But it sounds like she is really ready for the potty, I bet in a month or two she will be totally there, hang in there, sounds like you are on the right track already.

With my daughter I put a potty chair in the bathroom and tried to get her to sit on it when i went.Then we put her in pullups and just kept asking her if she wanted to go.Eventually she wanted to and when she did we started trying undies.She got to pick them out as a reward.My son..we wnt with the whole potty chart thing.A sticker on it everytime he did his buisness.If he did it the whole week he got a prize.Once he started doind good we let him pick out his undies a reward. Good luck!

i don't like giving my daughter candy. so i let her pick out a sticker when she goes potty. she loves stickers. i also give her temp tatoo's. if you think she will eat the stickers.

put underwear on her only and tell her diapers are gone, when she wets or poops in underwear scold her, just bite the bullet and get ready to clean the messes