rita m asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

What does APR stand for pertaining to credit cards?

I searched webopedia and google and I can't get the answer to

a simple guestion. What does the APR, in like 0 fixed "APR", stand for?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

it means Annual Percentage Rate

this is how much interest they are charging you when you use their credit card

s

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

APR=Annual Percentage Rate

• 4 years ago

What Does Apr Stand For

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Pay in full when bill comes and you need not to worry about APR.

APR is the interest you pay on the money you borrow, and that's the simplest way I can explain it, nothing more really matters.

RE:

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I searched webopedia and google and I can't get the answer to

a simple guestion. What does the APR, in like 0 fixed "APR", stand for?

Source(s): apr stand pertaining credit cards: https://tinyurl.im/4uL0Z
  • 1 decade ago

Annual Percentage Rate

• dream
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

APR stands for "Annual Percentage Rate". This is the interest rate, per year, that you will be charged. If you get a "fixed rate", that means the rate (%) will stay the same and cannot be changed later. For example, if you get an offer for "0% fixed APR", then you won't be charged any interest. But that's rare. If, for example, a credit card offers you "9.99% variable APR", that means that you will start off paying about 10% interest (but that can change at any time because it's "variable"). The credit card company will usually not wait a year to start calculating the interest. Instead, they do it daily or monthly, which means they make more money.

For example, if you have a -$1000 balance on your credit card, and they are charging you 9.99% APR, then they are really charging you 0.02737% ($0.27) per day.

With most credit cards, you have 20-30 days to pay off a balance, so if they send you a statement and you owe $350, you have 20-30 days (depending on the card) to pay that off. If you pay it all off within that time frame, you won't be charged any interest. If you only pay some of it off, they will start charging interest on what is left, once the 30 days are up.

• Jane
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/S6Yyh

As long as you pay it of before the balance is due every month then you will not have to worry about the APR.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Annual Percentage Rate-What it will cost.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Just google it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.