2008 Honda CRV 4WD EX good car?

Thinking of getting a 2008 Honda CRV 4WD EX. Is this a good car? And what is a good price so I don't feel cheated? I'm in the NYC area. Has anyone just recently brough one and how much did you pay for it? if you don't mind to sharing.

Thnaks!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

it is a very good very durable small SUV. it has a good mpg rating and is very roomy for its size. in my area (Alaska) they are about $20,000 for a decent one.

• rotus
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

It's a good car and you should be able to get a deal on it now that there is more competition in the small SUV market. Also take a look at the Toyota RAV4 and others in that range. Let the dealer know that you are looking at the other vehicles, too.

Check out Edmunds.com to see what the invoice of the vehicle is and if there are any current rebates. Honda do not normally do direct to consumer rebates, but they give allowances to dealers from time to time. Check your local paper for sales advertising the CR-V so you get a feel for the actual selling price range.

Shop for the car near the end of the month when dealers are trying to meet sales quotas.

Have your financing already lined up so you can use that as a bargaining tool. Dealers do not make better deals if you pay cash, in fact, you may be able to get a btter deal on the car if you buy your financing through them as they can make money on this, too.

Always negotiate the full price of the car. Do not negotiate payments. Know what payment you can afford and use online payment calculators with a range of down payments and interest rates so you get a feel for what a payment should be for any given criteria.

If you have a trade and you are ready to buy the car within a week, take your trade to carmax to see what they appraise it at. When the Honda dealer asks if you have a trade, say you don't think so. Only bring the trade into the equasion after you have negotiated the price of the new car. They will give you a low offer on it and you can use the value carmax gave you to negotiate the value of your trade with the new car dealer. If they are within a few hundred dollars of the carmax quote, you are better off trading it in for less money as you will save on tax. Tax is based on the value of the new car minus any trade (down payment does not play into the tax equasion).

• JeffyB
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Yes, I think it's the best small/med SUV you can buy. The RAV 4 is nice too but the interior looks so cheap. I love mine. When I bought mine I shopped all over the place (I live in NJ) and Clinton Honda, in Clinton NJ was the best deal by far. Call them and ask for Shawn. I saved $300 over any other dealer. You can find the "typical" price for a CRV in our area on www.edmunds.com. Then call the dealer, and if you can beat that price by a couple hundred bucks, you're doing fine. You will love it. Good luck. I bought the CRV-EXL with Navi, so price I paid will be mcuh higher than you'll pay for a standard EX.

• Sang K
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I don't know, it just came out and not enough data is available.

The previous models, I would say is OK car. 2000 models had valve gap tightening up problem. And don't see the logic in using timing belt for SUV. Nosier, but timing chain should be used on cars like this. Is 4 WD, but is automatic 4WD - which kicks in when computer sees the need. Ok, then how the heck do I know if it is working properly?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

we just bought one on 31 january. we love it. we looked at many others, both domestic and imports, and it wins out in value, economy and safety. they are roomy enough and comfortable for 5 people.

we also bought the ex 4wd, as it has the best features for the price.

expect the dealer to start bargaining from MSRP, as they are the #1 cuv now.

follow the advice in these answers about bargaining and financing, and purchase where you get the best deal.

Source(s): '08 cr-v ex 4wd. royal blue/black interior
  • Ted
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

It is a great small SUV. Go to Honda.com and look for yourself and do a build of one to get the list price. Then, go from there.

• 4 years ago

If it's an auto thats an excellent price.

• 1 decade ago

yes, they are great vehicles, the only flaw they have is that they only offer 1 engine which is a 4 cylinder, and may not be as good for passing on the interstate as you would hope it to be.

• 1 decade ago

A co-worker just bought one for $17,000 but hers is plain, it's very nice and roomy though

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.