UP or ATENEO?
I passed UPCAT (BS Economics) and Ateneo (AB Economics-Honors). Which school offers a better economics program? Please help me... thanks!
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
Take University of the Philippines. There more notable and respected economics aluminas who came from UP than from Ateneo.
Here is a list of respected people who finished economics in UP.
* Felino Angeles - banker, educator, former faculty member of the University of the Philppines and Mindanao State University
* Jorge Araneta - businessman and developer of Araneta Center-Cubao
* Arsenio M. Balisacan - SEARCA Director, professor of UP Diliman School of Economics
* Arsenio Bartolome - banker
* Teresa F. Bernabe - UP College of Business Administration professor, former UP Vice-President for Finance
* Alfonso Calalang - former Central Bank Governor
* Lilia Calderon Clemente - chairman and CEO of Clemente Capital Inc, "Wonder Woman of Wall Street"
* Astro Del Castillo - A well known Investment Analyst; A veteran and expert in the Financial and Capital Markets; President & Managing Director of First Grade Holdings, Inc. (FGH) & First Grade Finance, Inc. (FGFI).
* Vida Doria - Binibining Pilipinas-Miss Universe 1971, businesswoman and fashion designer
* Erlinda Enriquez-Panlilio - writer and businesswoman
* Felipe Gozon - chairman and CEO of GMA Network Inc.
* Pacita Juan - founder and CEO of Figaro Coffee Company
* Jose Katigbak - banker
* Delfin Lazaro - Director and Vice-Chairman of Globe Telecom Inc., President of Ayala Infrastructure Ventures, Director of Ayala Land, Inc. (ALI) and BPI Capital Corporation, former President and CEO of Benguet Corporation, and former Secretary of the Department of Energy
* Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo - current Philippine president, economist
* Roger Lee Mendoza - pension economist and professor
* Loida Nicolas-Lewis - chairman and CEO of TLC Beatrice International Holdings, Inc., a two-billion-dollar corporation of 64 companies based in 31 countries. As a businesswoman, Nicolas-Lewis was ranked number 1 among the "Top 50 Women Business Owners in America" by the Working Woman magazine (1994)
* Mercedita S. Nolledo - senior counsel, corporate secretary and senior managing director of Ayala Corporation, director and corporate secretary of Ayala Land Inc., director of BPI, and director and Treasurer of Philippine Tuberculosis Society
* Bienvenido "Boy" Noriega - economist, banker and playwright
* Evanor Palac-McMiken - economist and director, Economic Analytical Unit (EAU), The Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
* Federico Pascual - banker
* Carlos Pedrosa - banker
* Pio Pedrosa - former Secretary of Finance
* Alexandra Prieto-Romualdez - President, Philippine Daily Inquirer
* Vicente Puyat - banker
* Lourdes Reyes-Montinola - writer, educator, businesswoman, and Far Eastern University chair
* Yoshiei Shimizu - Hakuhodo executive and former head of Hakuho Foundation (Japan)
* Akira Takahashi - Professor of Economics, University of Tokyo
* Antonio Turralba Sr. - architect and real estate developer (Active Group)
* Orlando Vea - founding CEO, SMART Communications
* Manuel Villar - billionaire businessman, former Speaker of the Philippine House of Representatives, and current Senate President of the Philippines
Augusto L. De Leon - Director, Globalstride; Executive Director, Gravitas Prime, Inc.; Consultant, Hambrecht & Quist Philippines, Inc.
Nestor A Espenilla A. Espenilla, Jr. - Deputy Governor Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas Governor,
Dominador T. Gregorio III - Partner & Co-Head, Financial Advisory Services Group, Deloitte, Kazakhstan
Henry Joseph M. Herrera - President & Director, Sun Life of Canada (Philippines), Inc., Sun Life Asset Management Company, Sun Life Financial Plans, Inc.
Robert F Kuan - Chairman of the Board of Trustees St Luke’s Trustees, St. Luke s Medical Center; Founder & President, Chowking Food Corporation
Oscar R. Sañez - President & Chief Executive Officer, Business Processing Association of the Philippines (BPA/P); Former Managing Director/Country Manager – P&G Australia/NZ
Ramon Y. Sy - Director, President & CEO, United Coconut Planters Bank