promotion image of download ymail app

What king of exams do i need take if i want to study abroad in Universities in US, UK and Canada?

Hi, i'm a form 6 student studying in Hong Kong in a local secondary school(not in a international school) and i plan to study abroad in the future.

First, should i continue my form 6 and form 7 and study abroad after taking the HKALE, or should i go before the end of form 6?

Second, i want to know what kind of academic results is needed in order to be admitted in more prominent Universities(e.g. Harvard, Oxford, University of Toronto...) in the U.S. , U.K. , and Canada. Can i use my HKCEE or HKALE results? Would it be wise to use those results or are there any other more advantangous ways?


1 Answer

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Well, Oxford's site says "Hong Kong Advanced Level Certificate, with grades of AAA, or Associate degrees from Hong Kong, with a result of 3.8 or better." That won't get you in, it'll just get you considered.

    What kind of academic results do you need? Outstandingly good ones. Unless you go to an extremely academically selective school, you need to be the best student in your year, probably the best at the whole school. Unless this is true, frankly you can search for all the advantageous ways of applying you like, it won't make a blind bit of difference. Vast numbers of extremely clever people apply to these places. If you're not extremely clever, I'm sorry, but you are better off applying elsewhere.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.