Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

I am 15,pregnant and i need advice about what my rights are in the state of PA?!?!PLEASE HELP ME!!!?

Me and my mom and dad don't get along.me and my mom are always fighting.She won't let me just move out to live with the father of my baby.Dose anyone know if i can just live after my baby is born.I am also going to be turning 16 in 3months and a couple of days.Please someone help me!!I just to know if she stop me from moving out of the house.There is also beer and drug use in the house.There is ALOT of drug use in the house and I don't want my baby taken away if they get found about the drugs.PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

• Rwin m
    Favorite Answer

You cant be on your own living w/your child's father for one because youre a minor. You didnt mention that you have graduated HS, have a car/transportion, a stable job, and proof of your ability to take care of yourself (not even including the baby) so emancipation is out. Because of the condition of your home, you can become a ward of the court and enter into an independent living program by having your parents relinquish their own custody rights to social services. Or you can get your parents written permission to marry the baby's father.

As a minor, you really dont have a lot rights. Thats just reality. I know from experience because at 15 I tried emancipation-didnt work, entered into foster care's independent living program- its not really any better than your parents, and eventually just ended up graduating HS early and going to college at 16. Oh yeah, and I had a lawyer so I KNOW its hard to be legally independent at 15. Youre only chance is to either prove your level of REAL maturity to the government or just find a way to compromise with your parents. Government is harder to please, so just ask your parents to sign your marriage certificate. Thats your best LEGAL bet if you dont want youre parents hurt and want independence. Calling emergency foster care takes a LONG time for everything to finalize and you might lose the baby.

• here's a suggestion. Call family services BEFORE your baby is born. Report the drug use in the home. Best bet is they will remove you to a safe place, and you can get state medical coverage for the remainder of your pregnancy. You'll also have a chance to finish your education. But you are right, the baby can be removed if drugs are in the home.

Second suggestion, call family services and anonymously ask them all your questions. They can give you the best guidance. Your local Planned Parenthood agency may also be able to help. Good luck.

i agree wit some of the others u need to turn that in they can maybe help ur parents but i also dnt think there is very much to do about the cops once ur 16 but i could be wrong but u r rite u might get ur baby taken away if they get caught n ur in the house... but i think it would b the best 4 u to get out of that kind of enviorment i give u props 4 caring about ur unborn baby. u will b a great mom good luck n if u need to talk juss write me. :) u will be in my prayers...

Pray about it.

God always helps.

I'm not kidding.

Also - you're too young to move out, but the drug use is a huge problem. Like I said before, God answers, but maybe call a relative and talk to them about it. A grandma or aunt, perhaps? If you have no where to go, turn the drugs into the police. Your parents will get in trouble, but it's better that way because then they'll get help, and you're baby will be safe. You have to do everything you can to keep your baby safe and healty. You're a mom now; you have to.

yeah, you are a little young to be with the baby's father but definately try to find a place for you and the baby. it will be hard but if that's really want you want go for it. with the drug issue you should tell the nurses at your hospital when the baby is born or you should tell the local police asap for the safety of you and your baby. i hope this helps.

well in florida you only half to be 15 and show proof to the courts that you will be stable on your own im not sure about up there id call your nearest court house and ask them also if there is alot of drug use in the house you need to call the dept of children and families they will do something about that but call your court house and ask them see what you can do just make sure your baby daddy has a stable home and can afford you and your baby to live there good luck

You will probably be considered an adult after you have your baby, if they take you to court. If they don't then your parents may be albe to have the cops come and get you. At the age of 16 though most cops won't fool with it, they'll just tell your parents that there is not much they can do at that age and leave you alone.

• I think you need to speak to a youth counsellor or a legal aid help line - or better still, a youth help line if there is one in your area.

I think you are far too young to be having a baby and moving out of him, but it also does not sound like a good environment to have a baby in at home.

Pennsylvania

The Law: Requires that one of your parents give permission for your abortion.

Judicial Bypass - Yes.

NO YOU NEED A PARENT SIGNUATURE SORRY FOR YOUR BAD LUCK!

TELL YOUR MOM IF SHE GETS MAD AT YOU FOR THE BABY THEN YOU WILL TELL SHE DOES DRUGS..I TOTALY WOOD. WHY WOOD SHE BE DOING DRUGS THEN GET MAD AT YOU FOR BEING PREGNANT.SHE SHOULD OF FIGURED IT WAS COMING I FEEL REALLY BAD FOR YOU. I HOPE EVERYTHIUNG TURNS OUT OKAYY

Tell them that you don't feel comfortable with the environment in the house and that you don't want to raise your child in that kind of place.