can i drink deer milk?

Is deer milk safe for humans? Can I use it the same way I use cows milk, ie; ice cream, baking,

Update:

I live in Michagan and there are a lot of deer in my "backyard". I was thinking I could save money on cows milk ($3.00/gal) by drinking deer milk. I'm not a hunter but I would trap the deer, sedate it, then milk it. I'm not sure how much milk a deer would contain, or how it would taste?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i don't think sedating a deer is an option, then there is botulism and stuff, you would have to look into that, they can definitely be carriers of bovine TB. Also I am wondering about the taste. Goats milk is the vilest thing I have ever tasted.

Why not find another way to save money?

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Can You Milk A Deer

• sikora
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

guess what, i like milk. it is so stable for you. you be attentive to what's the proper, I lived on a farm while i became a newborn, and we used to drink the milk at latest from the cow. isn't that cool? in case you knew what became in those organic and organic salads you consume universal, you does no longer touch them the two. each so often lack of know-how is bliss.

• doc
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Actually, in parts of Siberia, they extract moose milk and consume it, regularly, not everyone ofcourse, only a select group, and it is said to be very low in fat and very high in protien so, I know it is possible. Not sure why they would want to do that but they have to find things out some how, trial and error.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Cammie
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

How are you going to get the deer to stand still while she is being milked ?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes its healthier than cow milk

• 1 decade ago

Better idea find a lactating woman and pay her for the milk!

• Teresa
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

If it is safe for the baby deer it is safe for you.My question is HOW ARE YOU GOING TO MILK A DEER ??????

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Has it been Pasteurized and inspected?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes, you can, but i don't know how it will affect you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.