Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 1 decade ago

What is the Argha-noa?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Every year the Nile floods, destroying anything in its path but then receding and leaving the land fertile and ready for planting. the ancient Egyptians held a festival at the time of the flooding (which was also when the moon was in its fourth quarter - i.e. looking a bit like a boat). Both the festival and the quarter moon were called 'Argha Noa'.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avgV8

What has Argha Noa have to do with anything? Because the Nile river floods every year that proves the bible is false? There was a world wide flood, the geography of the earth proves that. All the fossils we find in the earth's crust, trees standing up (in the rock), dinosaur and human skeletons find together, seashells on mountain tops and in the desert... When floods occur they lift up and reorganize the landscape and push down into the earths crust and create river beds, ravines, canyons, hills, caves, leave giant boulders all over the countryside. In addition every major world civilization has a flood story. Why? Maybe because there was a flood!

• 1 decade ago

Argha-Noa was the the annual celebration in ancient Egypt when the flood waters of the Nile subsided. The annual floods caused much destruction and misery but the minerals left behind created the foundation for another year of productive crops.

• 6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is the Argha-noa?

Source(s): argha noa: https://biturl.im/X3mJr
  • angel
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

'Argha Noa' was the ancient Egyptian festival to celebrate the flooding of the Nile and the fourth-quarter moon visible at that time.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

I'm not a biblical literalist, so I don't really care. All literature is intertextual. I don't see why the bible would be any exception to that. Edit: It says that it's best read allegorically. That doesn't change my belief in a higher power or the positive teachings that Christ (who most historians do believe to be a real person) has to offer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.