Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 1 decade ago

Can i make a dvd that works on my home dvd player ...?

i have got 4.7GB, DVD+RW, 4X Speed discs, the file i want to use is an avi file, i have nero, , i have a dvd/cd rewritable ultra speed disc drive, i just need to know, if i can, how to make a dvd that works on any dvd player

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Standard DVD players read the .Vob format, the files you have now are in AVI format.. Nero will *not* convert your videos to the right format for DVD players.

I would recommend you download ConvertXtoDVD. Ive been using it for a year now, never had a problem!

It will convert your video files to the dvd format readable by all standard dvd players, then burn automatically to DVD!

it is easy to use, fast and it works perfect for me.. give it a try, you'll love it

1. Download ConvertXtoDVD here:

http://www.burner-software.com/AVI-to-DVD-Converte...

It can convert any video file.. like wmv, mpeg, asf, mp4, avi to dvd

2. Add or drag-n-drop as many video files as the DVD can handle

3. Insert blank DVD

4. Click "Convert"

5. Enjoy watching those video files on your home DVD player! =)

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Whether it will work on a DVD player has more to do with the player and whether it will accept either DVD+R or DVD-R disks.

Just open Nero and tell it you want to record a DVD. Then choose your avi file. It will take a considerable time for the format to be converted to the vob files necessary on a DVD with Nero, but it has all the tools you need.

Check the help file if you run into questions.

• 1 decade ago

Its so simple but will take time

Install Nero burner software for burning CD and DVDs

select make a DVD cd and all that after that select the avi file which you want to put on a DVD and should be compatible with the HOme DVD players its fine NERO burner has its own built-in technology which converts it into DVD format i.e vob format thats it enjoy

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Depends on how old the DVD player is some will play some the format from PC to the DVD player are different. Some older modle DVD players won't play them from PC format.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • lee
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

u need a dvd burn software, like 'total video2dvd author',

Total Video2Dvd Author can help u convert movie to dvd simply and directly. work on home dvd player

1. convert avi and other popular video formats (*.flv, *.divx, *.xivd, *.avi, *.wmv, *.mkv, *.rm, *.rmvb, *.3gp, *.mp4, *.mov, *.ts, *.ogm, etc.) to DVD or ISO image file.

2. download youtube video or other video share website video, and burn it to dvd,

3. include a lot of beautiful dvd menu template

4. support photo slideshow to DVD,

5. Supports .srt . sub .ssa .*** .smi .psb .tex .idx subtitles

6. easy to use, only a few clicks.

you can download it FREE:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=total+video2d...

• 1 decade ago

ignore that first kid. it'll work on any dvd player with the specs you put up.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.