Cure bacterial infection without medicine?

I have a bacterial infection in my stomach and was prescribed 2 antibiotics for it. I thought I was having a reaction to the meds, and went back to the ER. Was told to stop taking the meds. My stomach still feels unwell, but I am able to keep food down. Will the infection heal itself without the meds?

Favorite Answer

the infection is in front of two options,your body immunity kicks it out and contains it ,or it wins and and get worse ,eat healthy to keep your immunity good and alternative antibiotics are available if u are sensitive to the previous ones

I recently had a bacterial infection in my GI tract. I was very ill too and was told to go to the emergency room. I didn't go but after a week or two I began to feel better. If you are able to keep food down then I would say the antibiotics aren't really necessary. Just make sure you drink PLENTY of water. Usually your body can fight off the infection on its own. The major concern is hydration. That's the danger. Stay hydrated! I think you will be fine. =)

It depends on the bacterial infection. My guess is that you were being treated for an H. pylori infection and that you had a reaction to the medication. H. pylori is known to stay in the GI tract for long periods of time. You need to follow up with your doctor

Source(s): medical provider

IT IS H PYLORI AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN A PROTON PUMP INHIBITOR AS WELL. TAKE OVER THE COUNTER PRILOSEC FOR 10 DAYS AND IT WILL CLEAR. NO ALCOHOL, SPICY, OR ACIDIC FOODS(IE SOFT DRINKS). IF NOT BETTER SEE A DOCTOR

• mar

I think so..may just take longer.