Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I got an email from service@irs.bu.gov After the last annual calculations eligiblefor a tax refund $184.80?

Internal Revenue Service (IRS)

United States Department of the Treasury

After the last annual calculations of your fiscal

activity we have determined that you are eligible

to receive a tax refund of $184.80.

Please submit the tax refund request and allow us

6-9 days in order to process it.

A refund can be delayed for a variety of reasons.

For example submitting invalid records or applying

after the deadline.

To access the form for your tax refund, use the following personalized link:

http://202.128.29.2/www.irs.gov/

Regards,

Internal Revenue Service

Document Reference: (0xCA.0x80.0x1D.0x2).

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Laura
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

it's definitely a scam. The IRS has specifically stated that they will not initiate email conversations.

Besides, they're trying to tell you how much you should get back on your taxes. They don't do that. They let you figure it out because you may get more or less depending on how you file.

If you go type in www.irs.gov in your address bar you should report this scam. That way it can be handled by the proper authorities and they can make sure less people are likely to fall for it.

• 1 decade ago

There was a big article in the paper about this the other day. The IRS has put out a warning about scams like this. These are people trying to get your personal information. If you have any questions about your return, speak to your accountant... call the number on the back of the box you used or call the irs direct. DO NOT EVER give personal information like this to anyone online other than the IRS. Good luck.

• 5 years ago

It's a SCAM! The link only looks like it's to the IRS. It will take you to a fake site that will ask for personal information that WILL result in identity theft. YOUR identity. The IRS NEVER contacts taxpayers via e-mail. E-mail is NOT a secure means of communication. Forward the e-mail to Phishing@irs.gov and just delete it.

• TinyMe
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Long and short never respond to emails saying you can get money. They are all scams. This is the season for the tax scams. Think of it this way, why would the IRS tell you they owe you money?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • It's a scam. That junk in front of the www is a red flag. And the IRS will not contact you by email about anything unless you contacted them first and are in correspondence with an agent.

• 1 decade ago

I just got the same email, and since I don't file taxes, I knew it was a scam.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

It's not really the IRS, it's a scam. Don't respond.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Spam. Delete it.

• 1 decade ago

scam

IRS does not email taxpayers

Source(s): cpa
  • 1 decade ago

yes,i hope this is legitimate

Source(s): yahoo
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.