Does anyone have a natural or homeopathic remedy for tinnitis?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
The doctor said I have tinnitis (buzzing or ringing in ears.) Is there any natural or homeopathic remedy for this? I will soon go crazy with it. Doctor said there was a medicine, a ...show more
Best Answer
High blood pressure and hyperthyroidism can cause tinnitus; if you have or suspect either, you need to get them under control. Discuss hyperthyroidism with your doctor. In addition, Meniere's syndrome can cause it.

A common cause of tinnitus and the most simple to remedy is an accumulation of earwax. Once the wax is removed, the sound will disappear.

Some people who suffer from tinnitus are reacting to salicylates, anti-inflammatory agents including aspirin, analgesics (pain relievers), and antipyretics (fever-lowering agents). Many over-the-counter as well as prescription medications contain salicylates. If you take any drug that contains salicylates regularly--aspirin being the most common--you should investigate whether this is causing your tinnitus. If possible (after discussion with your doctor), eliminate the drug for a period of time to see if it has any effect.

Salicylates also occur naturally in foods such as almonds, apples, apricots, blackberries, boysenberries, cherries, cucumbers and pickles, currants, dewberries, gooseberries, grapes or raisins, nectarines, oranges, peaches, plums or prunes, raspberries, strawberries, and tomatoes.

Other drugs that can cause tinnitus include atropine sulfate, caffeine, chloroquine, Flexeril, ergotamine derivatives, nicotine, Talwin, quinidine, and quinine.

You'll notice that I mentioned both caffeine and nicotine in the list of drugs that can cause tinnitus. Smoking or drinking too much coffee can cause tinnitus.

Stop smoking. Eliminate caffeine--from coffee, sodas, medications, and chocolate--for at least a week to see if your symptoms are affected.

Diet can play a role in tinnitus. Both a high-fat and high-cholesterol diet can reduce the flow of oxygen to the inner ear. Studies have shown that many patients with unexplained tinnitus who adopted a low-fat, low-cholesterol diet found a reduction in their symptoms.

Low blood sugar has also been implicated in tinnitus. If you think this might be true for you, on how to stabilize your blood sugar through diet and chromium supplementation.

Vitamin A is closely associated with the health of' the inner ear. Many studies have shown that people with low levels of vitamin A suffer from auditory problems. If you suffer from tinnitus you should be sure you're getting enough.

Zinc could play a role in the development of tinnitus. There's some evidence that patients who have tinnitus may require extra supplementation.

Calcium is another supplement that can help relieve tinnitus.

Gingko biloba has also been helpful.

Vitamin A: 10,000 IU daily.
Zinc: 50 mg daily.
Calcium: 1,200 mg daily at bedtime.
Ginkgo biloba: 40 mg, 3/day.
  • Comment

Other Answers (8)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • exclamationpointphotos answered 6 years ago
    You might try to find a good massage therapists that practices movement modalities (The Feldenkrais Technique) and nueromuscular trigger point therapy. Tinnitus can be caused by trigger points.
    • Comment
  • ☮Jen D☮ answered 6 years ago
    There are many homeopathic remedies indicated. For dosage, and specific symptoms, check the website indicated below.

Calcarea carbonica

Carbo vegetabilis

China (also called Cinchona officinalis)

Chininum sulphuricum

Cimicifuga

Coffea cruda

Graphites

Kali carbonicum

Lycopodium

Natrum salicylicum

Salicylicum acidum

Source(s):

• Comment
  • Polly answered 6 years ago
    Tinnitus can be treated Homeopathically but you would need to see a qualified homeopath to work out the best remedy for you.
    Tinnitus is different for different people and the Homeopath would need to know the exact symptoms you are experiencing before prescribing a remedy.
    • Comment
  • howlegh answered 6 years ago
    According to Natural Standard, here are the natural remedies that have at least some study behind them:

Ginkgo
    Zinc
    Hypnosis
    Relaxation Therapy
    Magnetic Therapy (I am a little skeptical with this)

Anyway, those are the choices, but admittedly, none of them qualify as having really authoritative scientific backing.

If you do try the Ginko or Zinc, I recommend a visit to NutritionalTree.com (http://www.nutritionaltree.com). They do not sell products but do review the top brands.
    • Comment
  • hava answered 6 years ago
    The Yoga Pranayam (breathing exercises) will help with tinnitus problem.You will feel a difference in days, but allow upto 4 months for tinnitus to disappear.
    Build up your timing gradually. If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after 1 minute.

Bhastrika - Take a long deep breath into the lungs(chest not tummy) via the nose and then completely breathe out through the nose. Duration upto 5 minutes.

Anulom Vilom –
    Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril
    then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril
    then -keeping the left nostril closed deep breath-in through right nostril
    then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
    This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
    Repeat this cycle for 20 to 30 minutes twice a day(maximum 60 minutes in one day).
    You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.

Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close ears with thumb, index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through nose while humming like a bee.
    Duration : 5 to 12 times

Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for 20 to 30 minutes twice a day.(Max 60 min/day) Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.

Once you are better, continue the pranayam once a day.
    Be patient, as the benefits will show over a period of months.Only by doing you will benefit
    and feel good because you are helping your body.Those who say I have tried everything....
    will be amazed at the result of doing pranayam.
    --
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • alysiachick answered 6 years ago
    I have the same problem but it comes and goes. In eastern medicine, TCM, ringing in the ears is tied to the kidneys. Maybe you should check into Chinese medicine and see if there are some dietary changes that you can make or herbs that you can take to help the problem. You could also inquire about acupuncture to help the problem. I would definitely stay away from their hard core drugs. They don't fix your problem, they only mask it. They will also do more damage than good. They will overtax your liver and give you numerous other side effects!
    • Comment
  • Rick answered 6 years ago
    My brother and I both suffer with the same problem in our ears and have found no products that you can buy that will help you. I have learned something different over the years with my tinnitis. An old Ayurvedic Medicine saying states "what you put your attention on will grow stronger in your life and what you take your attention away from will diminish. Think about how when you get really involved in something how you don't notice the ringing, but it is still there. Also at times I try hard to focus on my ringing thinking that my ears are trying to pick up some kind of frequency. Think about all that invisble stuff out there like internet, cell phone, tv, radio waves that your ears might be trying to connect with. Maybe we can learn to tune into a radio station or the internet in our heads:~) Good luck!
    • Comment
  • Opus answered 6 years ago
    There ARE homeopathic "remedies" for this. They don't work.
    Homeopathic "remedies" are just water. Don't get suckered into using them.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block