Conjuntive itis / pink eye?

how many days or weeks before do you actually catch "pink eye" before it appears. and how can it be caught? My 2 month old son has it at the moment, but we havent been anywhere in the last week, although this morning he has come out with it?. ive washed all our sheets, pillow cases and clothes as i do... show more how many days or weeks before do you actually catch "pink eye" before it appears. and how can it be caught?

My 2 month old son has it at the moment, but we havent been anywhere in the last week, although this morning he has come out with it?. ive washed all our sheets, pillow cases and clothes as i do not want it to spread and we have bathed his eye about 3 times today with warm salty water.\

can anyone tell me how long ago he would have picked this up, id like to track it back to where he would have gotten it from?