How do you get your 80 year old father to quit driving?

My Dad is 80 and an awlful driver. He averages a fender bender about every six months. We live in a small rural town so most folks here just keep out of his way when they see him on the road. I need to figure out how to keep him off the road. He gets angry if I bring the subject up but I am frightened to death... show more My Dad is 80 and an awlful driver. He averages a fender bender about every six months. We live in a small rural town so most folks here just keep out of his way when they see him on the road. I need to figure out how to keep him off the road. He gets angry if I bring the subject up but I am frightened to death he is going to hurt himself or someone else one of these days. Any suggestions?
Update: He also likes to get up on his roof to shovel snow off and stuff like that. I am 51 years old.