do flat nipples reject piercings?

i was told by my piercer that flat or inverted nipples have an 80% chance of rejecting the piercing. went for it anyway, and i have straight barbells, but what's the general experience on this subject?

i was told by my piercer that flat or inverted nipples have an 80% chance of rejecting the piercing. he stated that within 6 months to a year, the nip tries to withdraw and ends up pushing out the barbell. i went for it anyway, and i have straight (18g) barbells, but what's the general experience on this subject? has anyone with flat or inverted nipples had longterm success?

Favorite Answer

that is a false statement.

any surface piercing has a chance of rejecting. my nipples were inverted, but when cold they would become erect, so that is when we pierced them, after my nipples were hard the forceps were put in place to keep my nipple out.

after the barbells were in my nipples are MUCH less inverted, i wouldn't say they are completely erect looking all the time, but they give me the appearance of having "perky" nipples all the time.

My straight barbells were a little to short and the piercing couldn't breathe, so i switched them out to longer ones, and they are definitely healing nicely now.

rings aren't so good because they put a little more tension in this area. I wouldn't recommend switching out your barbells anyway, you could irritate your new piercings.

although, it should be put out there that some womens nipples are too far inverted and there is not the possibility of having them pierced so that the nipple can be erect, this is a very slim chance though.

Source(s): i have my nipples pierced and piercing apprentice

I did a course on body piercing with a highly regarded studio in Melbourne - they stated that many Drs are actually starting to suggest to patients with inverted nipples to get them pierced as the jewellery holds the nipple out and wont let it go back in and that makes sense to me having done nipple piercings (never an inverted but thats because I havent had the opportunity yet) - it can take some manipulation to get the nipple to come out but once its out and they have a good hold on it with the clamp its all normal from there - your straight barbell should be fine although piercers like in general from what I can gather prefer to start with a CBR (Captive Ball Ring) as its easier to clean while its healing than a barbell - but once its healed the barbell or even nipple shields are fine - Personally I think you were misinformed by the piercer you went to see - try getting more opinions... of course the other thing is maybe the piercer saw something that would make them think it wouldnt be the piercing for you but as a general rule it shouldnt be a problem and in fact will make your nipples appear more normal instead of inverted

Nipple Piercing Flat Nipple

if you do it, use barbells, because there is less pressure on the nipple and less pull on the ends.

y would u want to pierce ur nipples??? n yes i think they reject it (ewwwwwww)