Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 1 decade ago

which 1 is better for me USMLE or MCCQE ?I'll start preparing myself for one of these exams &i'm so confused.

i'm from libya & wonted to be a doctor in usa or canada

3 Answers

  • Marie
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    The USMLE Step 1, 2 and 3 are tests you must pass at various points in your medical training in the US. The MCCQE is for Canadian candidates.

    You cannot take the USMLE Steps without being enrolled in a qualifying US or Caribbean medical school, or without proving that you have received a degree from a comparable foreign medical school. I am a US medical student and am not familiar with the Canadian system, but I suspect the rules would be similar.

    If you have not yet entered medical school but wish to apply in the US, the previous posters are correct that the tests you need are the MCAT (Medical College Admissions Test) and probably the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). Here are the websites: and

    Best of luck to you!

    Source(s): Fourth year medical student, entering residency in child neurology this July.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    If you have graduated from medical school in another country, you must do a residency here in the United states in order to practice. You will have to pass the USMLE steps I & II before you enter into residency. So, if you want to be a US doctor, and you are already a physician, that's the only test that will do.

    As the previous poster stated, if you are not yet a physician, and want to attend medical school in the united states, you will need to take the MCAT (medical college admissions test), and maybe the TOEFL. (test of english as a foreign language).

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    The USMLE is for those people who have entered medical school and are in the phase (I, II, or III) for their certification. If this is not you and you have yet to get into medical school, then I'd strongly recommend the MCAT exam. I've never heard of the MCCQE. If it pertains to those ppl who're from another country and it's equivalent to the MCAT, then I'd recommend that one for you.

    If you attempt to go by the USMLE, you'll have to do a crash course training in the classes taught in medical school.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.