Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentEmbassies & Consulates · 1 decade ago

DS-230 Immigration form?

O.K. I filled the DS-230 form for my 18 year old sister this is the last step. I stay in the states but I'm not sure if I should go ahead and mail it to the embassy or wherever it needs to be mailed to from here. Or if I should mail it to my mom and then have her take it to the embassy in my country and then they will send it here and from then on. My ucle told me to just go ahead and do it from here, but my granny says it will take longer.Because they will give prioryty to the mail coming from outside the states. So I wanted to know what should I do or whish one would b faster?

1 Answer

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    The applicant fills out the DS-230, not the petitioner or anyone else - is she following to join the original applicant (each family member that is eligible to travel to the United States with/to join the primary applicant under is required to complete the DS-230 Part I and Part II)? The completed package should be sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). It does not matter how it gets there, as long as it gets there.

    Contact information follows:

    Basic instructions:

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.