Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

micro chip.?

I was petting my cat this morning and I felt a little lump right next to his shoulder blade about the size of a peice of rice, hes micro chiped but I didnt think that I would have been able to feel it...can other people feel their cats micro chips?

OK thanks im sure my cat is not a robot though! :p

Favorite Answer

Yes, this is normal. My one female is microchipped and you can feel the chip under the skin. This is how it is with many animals, unless their coat is very thick or the animal is overweight.

The chip is inserted just under the skin, not down into muscle; so the scanner can read it.

• Debi

I have only ever heard of one other person who could feel the microchip in their pet and that was a Staffy Bull. I don't think it's anything to worry about though - if in doubt ask the vet - just phone up and ask - costs nothing.

It is normal. can feel it on my Siamese. I think if a cat (or dog) is fat or very furry people often can't feel it. but it's right under the skin, so yes it's normal to feel it.

Ahh good old technology

CATS DO NOT HAVE MICRO CHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!! UNLESS THEY ARE ROBOTS.