Laurell K. Hamilton???

Has anyone read her books? What is your opinion?

• pj m
    Favorite Answer

tm-ar&k,

Her books are very erotic at times and very graphic. At first she seems (as persiphone said), very hard to get into, but I like her work.

She has the talent for opening your mind and letting you see exactly what you're reading. I actually find myself flying through her books as though I am watching a movie.

Give her a try, if you haven't already.

__Well everyone seems to think that her books have died off but personally I am still a major fan.

Her books always leave me in wonder and awe and wanting more. I will get her new books, which are hard cover and average about 500 pages and I will sit down and have it read within the next 24 hours.

I think her best books are the second half of the Anita Blake series, I like unraveling the drama of Anita's daily life and crying when things don't go well.

She is one of my favorite authors.__

• erin7

The early Anita Blake books are great, centered on the alternate univese she created and the crimes committed by or to the supernatural community. The last few books are more concerned with the sexual exploits of the main character than the crimes that are still happening, but mostly ignored. I'm hooked, only because she says she's going to get back to the original format (crime solving, action) as soon as the sex part has resolved itself (it's weird and complicated why the sex is there.).

The Merrie Gentry books are all sex with multiple partners while trying to stay alive books.

I agree with the others - she started out good but went completely downhill from there. Her newest in the Anita Blake series are all abour sex and basically have no plot ... but her earlier ones are still worth a read.

I loved her earlier books, maybe the first dozen, then she got weird and more than half of her stories were just plain graphic sex. They, therefore, had little plot after that. It is a shame, because the earlier books were so much fun.

I tried the first one - I really did, but I just couldn't get into her. Pax-C