Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

If Mexico declares War against Cuban communist and anti-American regime, What side would Americans take?

?

Update:

I guess you are not informed in the U.S media about the drug and human rafficking from Cuba to Key west, FL.

Cuba is a banana repuiblic used as backyard by republicans

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Wasn't this one asked like a day or three ago? Why does it keep coming up? It's not going to happen.

*IF* Mexico and Cuba went to war, most likely, the US would simply step in to keep the sides apart. If *forced* to choose, the US would side with Mexico.

1) Cuba has no means of projecting power. Period.

2) Mexico has very limited means of power projection.

3) there's a thousand miles and more separating the two countries.

4) Whilst Cuba does meddle, Mexico's and Cuba's spheres of influence don't overlap.

• Mike S
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Hypothetically speaking, if Mexico were to declare war against Cuba, it would have to have a 1) Navy for a blockade , 2) an Air Force to dominate the skies, 3) ground troops to take and hold key Cuban facilities.

America's response cound range anywhere from: a) Denouncement of the attack, b) a coalition building to free the Cuban people from 40+ years of Dictatorship, or c) stand on the sidelines, protect our own interests in the area against attack/reprisals.

I personally don't think any of the above situations will happen. I don't think Mexico's military could succeed against Cuba and it's terrain, for one Mexico does not have any aircraft carriers or submarines.

Besides Mexico has problems of it's own right now.

• 3 years ago

Why do no longer we basically attack Cuba and Kill the Castros to get this nonsense over with. the two try this or normalize kin with Cuba. Our modern-day coverage is mindless, we would desire to continuously no longer be allowing any Cuban who escapes to u.s. to grow to be electorate. we would desire to continuously deliver them back and value Cuba for the boat or air fare.

• JR
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Mexico, Cuba is banned from the USA, Mexico is still cool with us.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Mexico is in a war with the Cartels in their north that have called a temporary truce to align and fight the government forces......they have no time to fck around with Cuba

• 1 decade ago

American people or American goverment?

The american goverments would obviously use it as a chance to end the cuban communist regime...

• 1 decade ago

Why would they? And would that also put them at war with Venezuela since Chavez buddies up to Cuba?

• 1 decade ago

Mexico -- they have oil.

"Shell" gets it's oil from Mexico and Venezuela.

• 1 decade ago

sounds like an exercise in the inane

Source(s): decisionmade without the use of mexico's greatest export
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i would guess Mexico

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.