Sweaty Palms?

I've been having a problem with sweaty palms lately. Not just I'm-really-nervous sweaty or I'm-really-active sweaty, but just randomly, when it's not normal to sweat. Like, when I'm watching TV. Or reading a book. Or just sitting in class listening to the teacher.

My mom said she has had a similar problem pretty much all through her life, which got worse once she was a teenager (where I am now) and has gotten better now she's gotten older.

I know there is an actual condition that deals with excess sweating, including hands, feet, etc. Is there any possibility I could have it? Does anyone know anything about it?

Thanks.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I know a little about it because I think I have it. Its called hyperhidrosis and about 3% or so of people have it. There isnt really a great way to stop it. You can take pills, but they arent for hyperhidrosis specifically. You can get botox shots in your hands but you have to get 1 every 6 months and they cost a lot. You can have surgery but then you'll sweat other places. It sucks because its embarassing sometimes and it hinders my guitar playing but Im just gonna live with it. I heard putting baby powder on your hands can help but I havent tried it yet.

Source(s): I think I have it.
  • 1 decade ago

You have hyperhidrosis, a.k.a excessive sweating. I had the same problem throughout high school; not only did I have sweaty palms but also sweaty underarms. Embarrasing, I know. I think it was 3 years after high school when I discovered Drysol. The stuff really works, you just dab it on the affected area before you go to bed. I do this once a week and the problem goes away.

• 1 decade ago

You might have a hormone problem or chemical inbalance. There is a website where your doctor can order you a test. It is a salivia and urine test that you take from home. It is the most insightful test you can take to see what is happening in your body. The website is neuroscienceinc.com. The test is adrenal profile 1. As long as your insurance covers it, what could it hurt to have it done. I suffered from weird, vague aliments all my life (anxiety, sweating, unable to sweat, panic attacks, and so many others) and finally found a doc that ordered me this test. Thank the maker I finally found a doc who actually cared about her patient. Good luck!

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Oh yeah Oh yeah my dates coconuts in my sweaty palms, or I could have your coconuts in my sweaty palms on a date! You decide.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Try putting some baby powder on your palms.

It works..

Or if that doesnt work, see a doctor for a prescription

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Have you tried applying a clinical strenth deodorant like Certain Dri to your hands? This really works.

• 1 decade ago

Actually, it is maybe a result when you wash your hands after a very hard work. I advice you not to wash your hands after really hard work. Let your hands rest, then you can wash them. My Aunt has them and she told me this. Take care!!! :)

Source(s): My Aunt
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

might be a thyroid problem

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.