Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 decade ago

what or whom has had the most influence on your attitudes regarding gender relations?

• Karen
    Favorite Answer

My parents, still together after 41 years. My sister and brother-in-law, together for 20 years until he recently passed away. In both cases, there was mutual respect and consideration. In both cases, they've been friends as well as lovers. There was nobody "over" anyone else.

there is no explanation for every physique of the two gender to tension for something as organic and pleasing as intercourse. those situations arise via a loss of communique and can be resolved interior an identical way. Couples can no longer continuously be on an identical sexual wavelength, yet that doesn't advise that they are in a position to't refer to a minimum of one yet another approximately why certainly one of them might have a lowerpersistent than customary or why certainly one of them might experience a unexpected surge. yet I hardly see solutions that sell communique. maximum seem to favour trickery or decption of a few form, it fairly is often counter efficient to any relationship.

• BKool

My female friends have influenced my Gender relations. since i was in 3rd grade i began to develop significant relationships with female friends and i have learned that having them can be fun. In 7th grade, despite negative relations i have had with these 5 girls, i have come to accept women and people and to treat them with respect. I have unfortunatley learned that women can be just as cruel as men and bully other people. Through it all i have improved gender relations.

My mind, and the information it takes in through my eyes and my ears.

Edit: that sounded good in my head, lol! I mean what I've observed in real life, not on television. Particularly how people really can change when another person's point of view is made public.

My parents. Happily married for 30 years because they respect one another, always put the other before themselves and have open communication.

My own drive for more knowledge. My family and my friends have been basically silent on gender issues, so I learned on my own.

Subconsciously my mother. Consciously my wife.

when im with my boyfriend, i feel much more feminine....

and sometimes when im with my dad or brother (who are both sexist) i feel digusted to be feminine because it reminds me of weakness...only when im with them though

My marriage, now over and my motherhood, still intact.

C. :)

my first wife, I guess.