How do i get from Islip Airport to Rye, NY?
Flying in SWA to Islip Airport and need to go to Rye, NY. And I am from Tennessee, so keep your answers really specific. And yes, we will be wearing shoes. We only go barefoot in the summer when bringing in the crop. :-)
- FamousNYLoverLv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
# To NYC by Train
1a. Colonial Transportation of Long Island offers convenient shuttle service between MacArthur Airport and the Ronkonkoma train station (LIRR).
The shuttle van departs the train station daily at 5:30am, then departs the airport on the hour and half-hour from 6:00am until 10:30pm. Curbside pick up at the airport is directly in front of baggage claim. The shuttle will pick up and drop off at the North Platform of the Ronkonkoma train station. The one-way fare is $5.00 per person. Cash and credit cards are accepted. All rates are subject to change without notice.
1b. The Suffolk County Bus Transit also offers hourly service to and from MacArthur Airport to the train station with the S-57 Bus however it does not operate on Sundays and(No service, New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day or Christmas). The fare is $1.50.The Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) offers frequent service to Penn Station in Manhattan from the Ronkonkoma train station The train ride is approximately one hour and 25 minutes.The train fare currently $9.50 (non-rush hour times) into the city will take you to Penn station which is located in Manhattan at 33rd street and 7th Avenue. From there you can get to your ultimate destination by subway or by taxi.
Suffolk County Buses are not very good bus.
1c. Hampton Jitney offers airport connection at Islip Airport where taxi would take you to Hampton Jitney Bus and wait for bus toward Manhattan and get off at Grand Central stop at 41st St.
2. From Ronkonkoma Station, take make sure to purchase LIRR ticket from this station to NYC Penn Station with $20 MetroCard to New York City Penn Station.
3. At New York City Penn Station, follow sign to 32nd St/7th Av and you could walk or take ride with the MetroCard you bought, take ride on M4 or Q32 bus to Madison Av/42nd St for Metro-North's New Haven Line to Rye.
4. At Rye Station, way for either Bee-Line 75 when Playland is open or Bee-Line 76 (which is $2.00 in March 2nd).
Bee-Line Bus does not operate on Thanksgiving or Christmas. Bee-Line 76 is loop bus.Source(s): http://www.mta.info/ http://www.westchestercountygov.com/beelinebus http://www.hamptonjitney.com/ http://macarthurairport.com/pages/11transportation... http://www.sct-bus.org/main.html
- Anonymous1 decade ago
*Take a cab to the Ronkonkama station of the Long Island Rail Road
Take the LIRR to the Woodside Station
$9.50 or $13.00+ 70 minutes
Make sure that you buy the ticket at the ticket office inside the station or at a Ticket Vending Machine
Get off at Woodside go upstairs and buy a $2.00 MetroCard for the subway from the TVM
Go thru the turnstile, up another flight of stairs and take the subway to Grand Central Station
The Train will have "Times Square " on it
Any train you take will get you there so it doesn't matter which one you use
At Grand Central climb up to lobby
Take a minute and check out the station
Find the the ticket windows and buy your ticket on Metro- North Railroad to Rye NY
$9.00 or $6.50 +45 minutes
Why the two prices? The higher one is called a Peak Fare which is used for the morning rush hour into Manhattan and the evening rush hour out of Manhattan The lower one is the Off -Peak fare
Why Woodside and not Penn Station ? It's just and easier trip and we hear that you boys say bad enough things about us as it is ,I don't to add to that perception by giving you crappy directions.
Seriously We NewYorkers are really cool on stuff like this; If you need help w/ directions don't hesitate to ask somebodySource(s): native
- 1 decade ago
You may want to take a taxi from the airport to Rye, NY, because there is no direct train service from the airport to Rye, NY.
Good luckSource(s): Native New Yorker
- 1 decade ago
Drive: 59.9 mi – about 1 hour 17 mins
59.9 mi – about 1 hour 17 mins
1. Head west on Arrival Ave toward Johnson Ave 0.2 mi
2. Arrival Ave turns slightly left and becomes Johnson Ave 0.5 mi
3. Turn right at RT-454 W/Veterans Memorial Hwy (signs for RT-454 W/I-495) 0.8 mi
4. Continue straight to stay on RT-454 W/Veterans Memorial Hwy 4.4 mi
5. Turn left at Express Dr N/Expy Dr N 0.5 mi
6. Take the ramp on the left onto I-495 W/Long Island Expy 30.2 mi
7. Take exit 31N-S for Cross Is Pkwy N toward Whitestone Bridge 0.4 mi
8. Merge onto Cross Island Pkwy N 3.2 mi
9. Take exit 33 to merge onto I-295 N/Throgs Neck Bridge toward New England/Bronx
Continue to follow I-295 N
Partial toll road 3.1 mi
10. Take exit 10 to merge onto I-695 N/Throgs Neck Expy toward I-95 N/New Haven 1.7 mi
11. Merge onto I-95 N
Partial toll road 14.4 mi
12. Take exit 20 for US-1 S 0.2 mi
13. Merge onto Boston Post Rd/US-1 0.4 mi
To: Rye, NY