Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesHouston · 1 decade ago

Does it ever snow in Houston?

• Jase
    Favorite Answer

Yes it does.

Snow In Houston Tx

Of course! It snowed in Houston in 2004

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Does it ever snow in Houston?

Source(s): snow houston: https://shortly.im/B8XMx

Yes but not a norm for the area.

I have lived in Houston for 30 years and it has snowed 3 times.

When it does snow and the roads freeze wow look out we don't know how to drive in this type of situation.

Yes, but rarely.

The last time it snowed here was last April (a first, I believe), and that was only in the northern part of the Houston area (closer to the Woodlands). It was mixed with sleet.

Before that, Christmas 2004. Had four inches, which was a lot for here. Before that, January 1994.

We've had ice storms that have shut down key roads (like the tollway) for days. January 1997 was one. February 1989 was another.

Sometimes, but very rarely. I saw a few snowflakes falling two years ago, but they didn't stick. The last time I've seen it snow -- and collect on the ground -- was in 1989; the city practically shut down for the couple days the area was white. It wasn't much snow -- a block would scrape their yards together to make one small snowman -- but nobody knows how to drive in snow here, and there's not much of a fleet of sand/ice/chemical trucks for overpasses!

It was 73 degrees out here today... saw kids out playing baseball.

• Woods

I moved here from "snow country" and was teaching school in 1978. I woke up to a phone call from my team leader telling me school was canceled for the day because it was snowing. I was shocked to look out the window and see a light "powder" on the green grass. But hey, I enjoyed that "snow day".

yes it can snow and sometimes it does but in my 49 years in houston i can count the snowfalls i have seen here on one hand

it did back in 2004

YES IT DOES I SAW SNOW A FEW YEARS AGO 14 inches down south near port lavaca.