Of course! It snowed in Houston in 2004

• Login to reply the answers
  • 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Does it ever snow in Houston?

Source(s): snow houston: https://shortly.im/B8XMx
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes but not a norm for the area.

I have lived in Houston for 30 years and it has snowed 3 times.

When it does snow and the roads freeze wow look out we don't know how to drive in this type of situation.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, but rarely.

The last time it snowed here was last April (a first, I believe), and that was only in the northern part of the Houston area (closer to the Woodlands). It was mixed with sleet.

Before that, Christmas 2004. Had four inches, which was a lot for here. Before that, January 1994.

We've had ice storms that have shut down key roads (like the tollway) for days. January 1997 was one. February 1989 was another.

• 1 decade ago

Sometimes, but very rarely. I saw a few snowflakes falling two years ago, but they didn't stick. The last time I've seen it snow -- and collect on the ground -- was in 1989; the city practically shut down for the couple days the area was white. It wasn't much snow -- a block would scrape their yards together to make one small snowman -- but nobody knows how to drive in snow here, and there's not much of a fleet of sand/ice/chemical trucks for overpasses!

It was 73 degrees out here today... saw kids out playing baseball.

• Woods
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I moved here from "snow country" and was teaching school in 1978. I woke up to a phone call from my team leader telling me school was canceled for the day because it was snowing. I was shocked to look out the window and see a light "powder" on the green grass. But hey, I enjoyed that "snow day".

• 1 decade ago

yes it can snow and sometimes it does but in my 49 years in houston i can count the snowfalls i have seen here on one hand

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it did back in 2004

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

YES IT DOES I SAW SNOW A FEW YEARS AGO 14 inches down south near port lavaca.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.