Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Have you ever been too scared to watch a movie alone?

I've been in that situation quite a few times,

Thank you very much indeed for your answers :)

Best Answer

Yes! It seems a bit silly now but many years ago I went to the movies alone (something I rarely did) because I had heard about this very frightening movie; however, after purchasing my ticket I approached a couple of other neighborhood kids and asked if they would please sit with me in the theatre. They agreed and we had a great time but for several nights after this incredible adventure I had terrible nightmares. Today I refuse to watch movies like that one. Quote the Raven "Nevermore!"

You are most welcome.

Yes, i think that anyone can be. It isn't a matter of bravery that stops you from being afraid. Its how much of the movie you are willing to beleive. If you watch a movie in pitch darkness while laying on the floor with all of the windows and doors open, you could probably scare the toughest person on earth lol.

To this very day, I cannot watch Prince of Darkness alone. I think it's Alice Cooper.

After watching The Ring, I was afraid to be alone while my husband worked nights for a few days. I unplugged every TV in the house and let the dog sleep in my bed.

• I used to watch horrors a lot as a kid, and saw all the 'supposedly scary ones'. The Exorcist, Nightmare on Elm Street, The Omen, Halloween, The Evil Dead

But there is one I can't watch. It nearly gives me a heart attack watching it (and I'm not exagerating) It's a film from about 1980 called 'The Changeling'. There's no gore, it's just all Ghosts, Wheelchairs moving around on their own and people getting spooked. I wouldn't watch it again though

• yes i have. I watched 28 days later and i couldnt sleep for a week after it.

I am also too scared to watch the saw films i hear they are very scary and a little bit sicking.

My Bf does not like horror films either i think he watched hostel the other night and he didnt think much of it.

I once saw Stephen kings IT and to this day i am very scared of clowns and balloons. In fact so scared i tend to go limp and weak just at the thought of them.

Yes there is movie that I saw when I was 12 called the Watcher in the Woods freaked me out totally even to this day and I would like to re watch it but cant still to scared, would have to get someone to watch it with me. ;-( and also the movie white noise, I've had it at home for ages still cant bring myself to watch it alone.

I don't watch any scary movies or horror, but I did like watching A haunting that comes on the discovery channel and I watched it alone. There was only one that bothered me . For some reason I did not like that one and I will not watch it again. I am not scared of those. I don't have cable anymore so I don't watch them now. I might not like them now anyway.

Yes! I can't watch most scary movies alone but the one I remember the most was trying to watch Skeleton Key at night by myself

lol, yes. but not a movie on the tv.

anyone remember that viral that was going around called " caffine" or something.

It was a german advert for coffee.

It would show a peaceful scene, a car driving through mountains, the car goes behind a tree, and then " aaaaaaaaargh!!" a zombie pops out of nowhere.

absolutly terrified me. couldnt watch it alone again.

All the time when I want to watch the haunting it is a show not a movie but I save them all on the pvr so I don't have to watch them alone good question