Do you think that it is cool if 25 year old is still living with parents. Is paying rent.?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
and wasn't asked of it?
Best Answer
  • Jack answered 6 years ago
uh noo.
get out and make something of yourself!
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (19)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Lisa T answered 6 years ago
    Research has shown that young people are now much older than they were 20 years ago before they finally move from the family home. Many young adults are still at home into their late 20's - it is in keeping with the times. It is fine if all parties are happy with the arrangement.

The cost of living has increased dramatically - it is more expensive to rent & the cost to purchase a home has risen dramatically. Many young people are studying or just getting on top of things financially post studies or if they have entered the workforce straight from school they may be on a low income. Some young people remain at home in order to get ahead financially - they purchase a property & rent it out & still live at home with their parents as this arrangement supports them in becoming a property owner, without the support of their parents & ability to stay in the family home the young person may not be able to purchase a property. This is just a reality & a sign of the times. The 25 year old you refer to is not alone.

I don't think it is a problem, everyone has to do what is right for their circumstances & if the parents & the 25 year old are happy with the arrangement why should it be a problem for anyone else.
    • 3
    • Comment
  • MARKO POLO answered 6 years ago
    I'll live with my parents until I'm married.

No plans to move in the next 10 years.

Maybe I should let them know of my plans
    • 3
    • Comment
  • Proud mommy of 2 answered 6 years ago
    Sure. There is nothing wrong with it. I stayed with my mom till i was 27, offered to pay rent, but she refused, so i bought groceries and stuff for the house.
    • 3
    • Comment
  • I think as long as you are comfortable, then it's fine. Don't worry about what anyone thinks. It's great you are paying them rent, but while you are living at home is a great time to start saving for a first home, and skip renting all together.
    • 2
    • Comment
  • disguisedd2004 answered 6 years ago
    I would say it is all right if he helps out at home a lot, like cuts the grass, takes the trash out and is saving his money for something better, like a house instead of moving right out into an apartment. But if he stays in his room playing his video games all day then going to work, you might want to steer clear and tell him to shape up!
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Michelle S answered 6 years ago
    If you are helping out with the bills I see nothing wrong with it.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • realst1 answered 6 years ago
    It's not cool but as long as the arrangement is mutually beneficial for all involved, who cares?

My boss lived with his parents until he was 30. He moved out when he was getting married. He paid cash for his first house. If you are using the situation to help your parents while helping yourself, it is all good. Just don't take advantage or let yourself be taken. Follow the rules of any good houseguest/roommate and everything should be good.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • mom2grls0204 answered 6 years ago
    If she is paying rent and helping with other bills I don't see a problem with it.
    • 2
    • Comment
  • gabbysue52 answered 6 years ago
    I don't know about "cool." But if it is AOK with everyone involved and the 25 yr. old is contributing something to the homes livlihood, then yes, I don't see a problem. If one should occur tho, it would be respectable of the 25 yr. old to find their own place to live.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • goforit answered 6 years ago
    Too True....Why shouldnt you pay your way, afterall your parents have raised you to Adult hood...Its there time to enjoy there life and there money..
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• missbeans answered 6 years ago
    No, I don't think it is okay. By the age of 25, you should be doing something with your life, not lounging around your parents house, working some stupid job. You should get some sort of education or training so you can have a home of your own, and save something for your future.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • NAENAE89 answered 6 years ago
    she needs to get the hell out
    • 1
    • Comment
  • trinity082482 answered 6 years ago
    Nope.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Kimi answered 6 years ago
    no that is definitely NOT the definition of cool.
    • 3
    • Comment
  • goth chik answered 6 years ago
    its fine but u should get a job and a nice little apartment to make urself and ur parents proud and if u get in a relationship u dont want ur bf/gf to be uncomfratable
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • mamamoon answered 6 years ago
    Well to be honest I do not feel it is either cool or selfish like someone did. What exactly would make it "cool"?

I think it is good that they are contributing to the household since they are an adult. However I think that should be expected and I don't think it deserves praise or ridicule.

I would think they should be thinking of starting a life away from mommy and daddy soon. Don't you?
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • heatherXrenee answered 6 years ago
    Not cool. Move out and grow up. Enough said.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • bubbyzmomma answered 6 years ago
    It isn't a "cool" thing to do - seriously, where do you hang out? IF you are also putting a savings plan in action, it could be a smart thing to do, but smart things are rarely cool. Honestly, it could be just as cheap to live with a group of friends and share costs, as long as your friends are reliable.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • KMS answered 6 years ago
    At 25? NO. I think it is selfish to stay with your parents that long even if you are paying rent. Move out, let them enjoy their life and get an apartment.
    • 1
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock