Should i tell my friends i have leukemia?

I just found out i have leukemia. Should i tell my friends right away? I'm worried they will act differently if i tell them.

Favorite Answer

Yes I think you should definitely tell them...

you are going to be needing a lot of support and comforting, and that's what friends are there for, to rally around you and help. Yes, they may act differently towards you, but that is because they care for your well being.

In your own good time, you could maybe sit them all down together and tell them at once-get it over and done with in one big hit......have a big cry and a huge hug session.....

My love and best wishes are with you....

I have just been through a similar ordeal with a friend of mines who's 4 year olddaughter was diagnosed....although I felt helpless, I knew by just being there and cooking mid week meals for her and her family were a big help.....had she not involved me or failed to have told me I would have been devastated. Friends are there for a reason.

Her little girl is now in remission after a 2 year battle.....

Good Luck xoxox

Honestly I Wouldn't. Because they will feel sorry for you. I know this has nothing to do with what you have but when i lost my Mom everyone at school found out and they treated me Differently. In your case i would tell my Best Friends but other than that i wouldn't tell anyone else

I am so sorry to hear this, but i think that you should enjoy your night with your friends as much as possible, and after the party make sure you're alone with your friends and tell them straight out. Remember, they are not going mad at you and if they are good friends they will not pity you either. P.S I hope the best on your recovery :) !!!

If I were your friend I would want to know. You need someone who you can talk to who will understand. Eventually it will become difficult to keep it a secret, so I believe you shouldn't try. I think that your friends may have a lot of questions, but your true friends will not act differently. I believe that the truth can't hurt you.

Oh my, that's so sad=[ I'm sorry.

They might act differently, but I think that they deserve to know. I would be upset if one of my friends didn't tell me.

I hope you get better!!!!

Wow, im so sorry. I hope you get better very soon. I think you should tell them when you feel ready, you don't want to rush things just let it happen when it feels right. My God bless you.

Yes, because if you can't tell your friends that would be sad. You're going to need their support.

Blessings and peace.

yes wouldn't u want 2 know if ur friend had it?

good luck going through chemo.

sorry, but i would tell them because they arent real friends if they look at u differently

first am sorry dear..i hope u'll get well soon...

2nd you must tell your friends..to support you and stand beside you..if they react differently then they don't deserve your friendship dear