Southwest Gas Corporation is trying to increase my deposit again?

I have had SW Gas as my provider for almost 2 years, when I lost my job almost a year ago, they shut my gas off due to nonpayment. In order to get it back on, they charged me a $300 increase deposit to do so. I have since been making all of my payments, however I have been late a few times, usually not more than 1 week and have never carried a balance over to the following month, so even though I do have late payments, I pay them in full when I have the money, and as I said, never more than 1 week late. I got a notice yesterday stating that due my continued late payments they are going to charge me an additional $750 deposit and will be billing me on my next bill for it. I have a hard enough time paying my regular gas bill which is usually around $75-$100, What can I do??? I have young kids and I can not do without gas service and they are exclusive in my area, I do not have anyone else I can use. What do I do?? I will be calling them on Monday, but what can I do? Help Please!!

I also paid a deposit of $125 when I set the account up and I have not received any of my deposits back. So after this $750 deposit, they will have over $1100 in deposits from me, which would cover my gas service for a year or more.

If they do not reduce the deposit and I can not pay all of it, which I know I will not be able to, can they shut off my gas for non payment of the additional deposit? Keeping in mind they already have $425 in deposits already. It would take me at least 6 months to pay the additional $750 off.

Favorite Answer

Deposits are based on risk. And according to your post, you are a bad risk.

I would call the gas company and explain. If they will not do anything, you could call the state commission that oversees the gas company.

Or call your local congressperson and tell them. They may be able to help.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I have had SW Gas as my provider for almost 2 years, when I lost my job almost a year ago, they shut my gas off due to nonpayment. In order to get it back on, they charged me a $300 increase deposit to do so. I have since been making all of my payments, however I have been late a few times,...

Source(s): southwest gas corporation increase deposit again: https://shortly.im/kVuHu

There are articles by people who may have an agenda other than the absolute truth. Science marches forwards and we figure out stuff that we did not know earlier. There are multiple factors. Did you know that NASA found that the Ice Caps on Mars are melting? Mankind could not possibly have caused that, right? The Sun has got to be going through some kind of cycle. When we look at weather history, with evidence found in the ground, tree rings, major historical events, it becomes pretty obvious that the planet has had several cycles of global warming and global cooling, long before human technology was playing much of a role. I do not believe that any one thing is responsible. It is a combination. That makes it difficult to analyse which is "more" or "less" responsible.

Sw Gas Bill Pay