Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 1 decade ago

Estimate how long it took King Kong to fall straight down from the top of the Empire State Building (380m high

Estimate how long it took King Kong to fall straight down from the top of the Empire State Building (380m high), and his velocity just before "landing"?

thanks for help me.. but I need the complete procedure, can you give the whole procedure.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Assuming no air resistance

s = u t + g t²/2

s = 380m

u = 0 m/s

g = 10 m/s²

t = √(2 s/g) = 8.72 secs

v² = u² + 2 g s

u = 0 m/s

g = 10 m/s²

s = 380

v = 87.2 m/s

• 5 years ago

(a) Use the equation Y=V(t)+1/2(a)(t)^2 Where Y = distance king kong is falling -- 380m V = initial velocity -- 0 m/s (a)= 9.8m/s^2 (This number is not given, but something you should know.) t = ? So plug everything in and you ll get 380 = 0 +1/2(9.8)(t^2) t= 8.8s (b) Now that you have found time, you want to find his velocity before landing. Use the equation v2=v1 +at Where v2 is the final velocity V1 is the initial velocity a is 9.8 m/s^2 and t is what you have found in part A. (8.8s) When you plug everything in, you will have: V2 = 0 + (9.8 m/s^2)(8.8s) V2 = 86.24m/s

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

How Long Is King Kong

• 1 decade ago

1m per second/second

After about 10m, you have been going for 4 seconds, and would hit terminal velocity( the speed at which you cannot accelerate any more ), and would be constantly going 10m/s

380-10=370

370/10=37

37 plus our 4=41

It took king kong about 41 seconds to reach the ground from 380m high.

EDIT::: If he weighs 2000 lbs(like the guy over me says) he would arrive at the same time as a 7lb bowling ball, as any item accelerates at - - a meter per second per second or

m/second ^ 2

Just had to say that, 'cuz the person above me obviously isn't smart enough to have completed sixth grade...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

King Kong, being a fictional character, was fake. No such animal ever fell from the Empire State Building ~ the images in the movie were done with special effects.

• 1 decade ago

x=Vot+1/2at^2

x=-380m, Vo=0, a=-9.81m/s^2

t=8.8s

V^2=Vo^2 + 2ax

V=86.35m/s

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it depens of relativ graviti force in NY , air resistance(% of h2o in

air and all other stuff in air), and if the formula of graviti force speeding is right it woun't be hard to calculate the answer

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

How tall was he ?

(I can't recall if his feet were on the ground when he grabbed the 'plane)

• 1 decade ago

29.2 seconds if he weights 2000 lbs

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.