I sprained my ankle on August 1. Should it still hurt?

I am a swimmer, so ankle flexibility is important. However, the ankle that I sprained still hurts when I point my foot, and my range of motion is quite limited. It hurts when I move it far in any direction. I figured it would get better in 6 months, but it hasn't. For the record, I didn't get any... show more I am a swimmer, so ankle flexibility is important. However, the ankle that I sprained still hurts when I point my foot, and my range of motion is quite limited. It hurts when I move it far in any direction. I figured it would get better in 6 months, but it hasn't.

For the record, I didn't get any medical treatment. I wore a stabilizer for the first week, and then I went on as normal.
Update: The sprain was a lateral sprain. I can walk on my ankle well, but if I point my foot (like a ballerina), it kind of hurts. Is THAT normal??

No, no, it doesn't hurt like the first week, when the pain was unbearable. It only hurts when I sort of force it to point.