Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Should Donovon McNabb be traded?

I'm a big Eagles fan from the Panthers city of charlotte. I hate the panthers. Anyway should Mcnabb be traded, he hasent been as good since the 2004 superbowl season. AJ Feeley might be better. If not traded at least benched. And my favorite player Brian Dawkins should stay on the Eagles. I heard rumors of a possible trade or realease because of him being "too old and not good".

Favorite Answer

Sure hand him over to Minnesota *Evil snickering*

Trade or Bench McNabb and say Feeley is better? You have to be kidding at least I hope you are. Feeley is a backup qb for a reason. Because he gets exposed when he is a starter. Look at when he played and started for the Dolphins and the Chargers. He sucked. As far as him being traded. It won't be to the Bears. The Eagles won't trade a player to a team in the NFC. There are many teams in the NFL that could use McNabb. Like: Miami, Baltimore, Houston, NYJ. The list goes on. As far as Dawkins. He has maybe another year or two left in the Eagles green.

hahaha... you mean hehasn't been as good since he lost T.O. Who would have guessed that? Yes he should be traded, but not because he can't help the team. They need to get a lot younger and majorly rebuild, Brian Westbrook has become the offense because the Eagles don't want to spend the money on a big play receiver. I'm sure a team like the bears or vikings would trade a second round pick for him. AJ Feeley is no where near the uarterback that Donovon McNabb is, but they did draft kevin kolb with their first pick in last years draft, and with all the other talent available with that spot you have to imagine that he was picked to be more than just a back up. Brian Dawkins is getting old, which is why they are more likely to just cut him after this season rather than incur the roster salary for 2009. I don't think it has as much to do with his skills as much as his durability and the team's new goal of rebuilding. Andy Ried will be on a short leash as well and probably won't be back on the sidelines in '09.

I actually think Donovan McNabb should be traded, and not because he's a bad quarterback.

McFeeley isn't that good. Period. McNabb has performed well for that team, and Philly is still hating on him.

It would be a loss in a quarterback skinny NFL, but if Philly won't do right by him, there are PLENTY of teams who would gladly play a QB with McNabb's talent and experience. Chicago and Minnesota leap immediately to mind.

ROFL.. you think aj feeleys better than mcnabb? how many pro bowls does feeley have? 0? o ok... mcnabb? 5

McNabb just needs a good WR and he'd be the best QB in the league. Look back in 05 when he had Owens. They were dominant and almost guaranteed a superbowl, but owens had to run his big *** mouth about wanting more money. Guess he couldnt afford his 4th house. Well look where owens is at now, not much better of a situation, being that hes on a choking team

Feeley better than Mcnabb? You can't be serious right? look at Mcnabb's final numbers and it wasn't so bad. He came off of knee surgery and he came back a couple months early so it wasn't totally unproductive. I think they need to keep him because Kolb is not the franchise QB

For one situation, i opt to assert that purely because a qb has one 3 INT sport doesnt recommend its the accurate of line.... you're giving as a lot as genuinely. yet... There are a pair situations that i see. you are able to commerce to tennesee, and that way hed be more suitable suited than collins and youthful there. Or any team interior the NFC west as well my cardinals. because hasselback is purely on the accurate of the run, the 49ers havent had a qb considering the fact that steve youthful left ( possibly jeff garcia?). And the rams hvent had any considering the fact that they made the dum theory of letting Warner pass. (thanks, you pitiful rams =]. The NFC North looks very very sturdy for mcnabb. each and each and every of the communities are in choose of a quarterback. Chicago's by no skill had any, neither detroit ( that recognize of). Minnesota's had Tarkenton, and the packers have had lots. yet rodgers isnt somewhat that tremendous. you ought to probable commerce him to the expenses and get rid of JP Losman's lurking annoince, and positioned Edwards in a conflict to win it. Who is established with? Its all as a lot because the fat lard who cant manage his little ones in philly to his (mcnabbs) destiny.

Yes I think so and I think he wants to be traded although he won't admit it to the public. He told Pam Oliver he wanted to be traded and when she reported it he changed his story because he doesn't want to hurt his value by being known as someone who demanded a trade. Also the Eagles drafted Kolb last year to replace McNabb someday soon.

They should keep McNabb, he is a lot better then Feeley. McNabb is a good QB.

If he gets traded, he should get traded to the Bears. Donovan McNabb would become a great QB for the Bears, but I doubt he'll get traded.

• Ryan

Yes its time for him and the Eagles to move on because clearly they cant win the superbowl and they are not the same anymore.