Where can I order The SmallPox Vaccine?

I was Wondering if anyone knew where I could Get a Smallpox vaccine or even a doctor that can administer the vaccine?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Go to your own doctor and ask them for advise. They would have a medical database access to medical doctors that can administer the vaccine, and would more likely to get the information faster.

They can also give a referral.

• 1 decade ago

Are you in the US? Why do you think you need a vaccine?

Smallpox vaccines were discontinued 20+ years ago because the disease had been eradicated.

There are some amounts that are stored, frozen, for use in ongoing development and I'm sure for a starter supply if the need should ever arise again.

But no, you can't get it because it is a live virus vaccine (as opposed to dead-virus like the flu shot and polio vaccines) and therefore a HIGHLY controlled substance.

• 1 decade ago

This information that i found is some things you can look through and maybe they can lead you to where you can order it. Canda or over seas might be more likely to have that available. I think because of the Terrorist attacks and threat to small pox there might be in the very near future a reenstatement of the need for that vaccination. Check out the info below. The sites had alot of stuff you can read up on it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.