Good parenting books - preschooler?

My bf's son is with us now and I have to take care of him a lot of the time, but don't know a lot about parenting. I do okay I guess, but would like to do better. Books with tips on having them listen (he doesn't!), discipline, etc. would be helpful.

What books do you guys suggest?

Favorite Answer

Hello,

I think thats fantastic that you want to become a better parent! Good for you. That quality alone makes you

an amazing mother.

I don't have enough room here to list all the books but you can see them on my website:

http://www.hubpages.com/hub/AshleyRecommends

There are plenty of books out there, but you need to take EVERYTHING with a grain of salt.

READ as much as you can and then decide WHAT WORKS FOR YOU. Do what feels best and is the most

authentic. Often times we feel pressured to do what is "appropriate" or "looks good". Don't prescribe

to that. Do what is right for you and your little one.

Best of luck,

Ashley Ryan

The best ones are the ones you get for free! Go down to the library and flick through the parenting books until you find a few that seem worth reading.

• themom

I'd ask his mother (or have your bf ask his mother) what parenting techniques she's using or books she's reading. Because what is more important that what style is being used is that you're being consistent to whatever his mother is doing - that way he wont get confused. Books I really like are Super Nanny and The no-cry discipline solution.

• bardin

I actually do no longer think of a preschooler's bookshelf would desire to incorporate books with _any_ sexuality subjects. No, no longer heterosexual the two. i do no longer evaluate a e book the place comparable gender adults are presented as living at the same time to be "LGBT themed." particular, i think of my teenagers had a pair of those. It wasn't a great deal.

Love and Logic - Magic For Preschoolers is AWESOME. Easy fun read. Great on hands suggestions and ideas. By Jim and Charlie Fay I believe.

You may try to check books at www.bookscaterer.com. You would certainly find the names of the same that would serve your purpose.

Source(s): www.bookscaterer.com

the best book you can get is one called "on becoming childwise" and just to let you know, if you ever have a newborn get "on becoming babywise" they work very well, you just have to kinda pick and choose which methods you like best

"Daring to Discipline" and "Bringing up boys" both by Dr. James Dobson.

what to expect the toddler years by arlene eisenberg.