Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Good parenting books - preschooler?

My bf's son is with us now and I have to take care of him a lot of the time, but don't know a lot about parenting. I do okay I guess, but would like to do better. Books with tips on having them listen (he doesn't!), discipline, etc. would be helpful.

What books do you guys suggest?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hello,

I think thats fantastic that you want to become a better parent! Good for you. That quality alone makes you

an amazing mother.

I don't have enough room here to list all the books but you can see them on my website:

http://www.hubpages.com/hub/AshleyRecommends

There are plenty of books out there, but you need to take EVERYTHING with a grain of salt.

READ as much as you can and then decide WHAT WORKS FOR YOU. Do what feels best and is the most

authentic. Often times we feel pressured to do what is "appropriate" or "looks good". Don't prescribe

to that. Do what is right for you and your little one.

Best of luck,

Ashley Ryan

• 1 decade ago

The best ones are the ones you get for free! Go down to the library and flick through the parenting books until you find a few that seem worth reading.

• themom
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I'd ask his mother (or have your bf ask his mother) what parenting techniques she's using or books she's reading. Because what is more important that what style is being used is that you're being consistent to whatever his mother is doing - that way he wont get confused. Books I really like are Super Nanny and The no-cry discipline solution.

• bardin
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

I actually do no longer think of a preschooler's bookshelf would desire to incorporate books with _any_ sexuality subjects. No, no longer heterosexual the two. i do no longer evaluate a e book the place comparable gender adults are presented as living at the same time to be "LGBT themed." particular, i think of my teenagers had a pair of those. It wasn't a great deal.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Love and Logic - Magic For Preschoolers is AWESOME. Easy fun read. Great on hands suggestions and ideas. By Jim and Charlie Fay I believe.

• 1 decade ago

You may try to check books at www.bookscaterer.com. You would certainly find the names of the same that would serve your purpose.

Source(s): www.bookscaterer.com
  • 1 decade ago

the best book you can get is one called "on becoming childwise" and just to let you know, if you ever have a newborn get "on becoming babywise" they work very well, you just have to kinda pick and choose which methods you like best

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

"Daring to Discipline" and "Bringing up boys" both by Dr. James Dobson.

• 1 decade ago

what to expect the toddler years by arlene eisenberg.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.