What is dry mustard and where do I get it?

In case anyone is interested, here is the recipe that I'm using dry mustard in. It looks great! I just need to know what dry mustard is! Thanks you...

Cumin, Honey, and Miny-Marinated Lamb Chops

1/4 cup chopped fresh mint

1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar

2 teaspoons ground cumin

1 teaspoon dry mustard

2 teaspoons honey

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon ground pepper

8 (4 ounce) lamb loin chops, about 1 inch thick

Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well

Place lamb in a single layer in a shallow dish and run spice mixture evenly on both sides. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.

Grill/broil for 4 minutes on each side.

24 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Colemans Mustard Powder is readily available in most supermarkets.

It is in a distinctive yellow tin.

It should be with the ready mixed mustards, or with the packets of herbs and spices.

It is a hot mustard.

• caren
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Dried Mustard

• 3 years ago

Get Dry Mustard From

http://amzn.to/2ajURQ0

• 1 decade ago

Dry Mustard ( Keen's is a popular brand ),can be purchased at most grocery stores that sell regular wet mustards.

It will be either in the same section as the wet mustard or in the spices section.

Dry mustard is used in recipes to ad flavor and zip.

It's great in homemade mac & cheese, or to rub on a ham before you bake it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The yellow tin I buy is Coleman's dry mustard. It is good stuff. When you add a bit of water to it to make a paste and wait about ten minutes, it becomes Chinese hot mustard. It does the same sort of thing in more complex dishes, so you get a really srong, hot mustard flavor that devlops after ten minutes and lasts a couple of hours before fading to what you get from prepared mustards. It's a different heat than you get from peppers and chilis.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Coleman's dry mustard, in a yellow can, in the spice aisle. Or just use a couple teaspoons of regular prepared mustard. That will save you a few bucks!

• 1 decade ago

The regular mustard you see is dry mustard that is added with I believe vinegar. You can find dry mustard (just the ground mustard seed) in any grocery store in the seasoning/spices aisle.

• 1 decade ago

Dry mustard is a seasoning that is found in the spice section of most grocery stores. It may also be called ground mustard.

• 1 decade ago

It's just ground mustard seeds, same mustard that turns into liquid mustards. It's just the powder. It's found in any store in the spice aisle, same place you get dried basil, onion powder, and the like. The two biggest brands I buy are Tone's and Spice Island.

• 5 years ago

Get dry mustard

at Amazon http://amzn.to/1Ixzz9m

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.