What are the chances of the rockets making the playoffs??

Favorite Answer

Chances are very good for The Rockets. Though if you look at The West, there will be a few teams that play over 500 ball that wont make the playoffs, and Houston could be one of them. It will come down to if they play consistent defense in order to get there, and perhaps even as an 8 seed. You have Houston, Golden State, Portland, Lakers, Denver, and even the "late" surging Kings hoping to get in. Should prove interesting. Unlike The East, where teams 10 games below 500 are already an 8 seed. I think besides steady defense, that they need to allow Battier to handle the ball more. He is a solid defender, but a huge presence offensively, if allowed.

• I say 80% because they have T-Mac and Yao they are a 8th seed team and they play defense they have a chance. Unless T-Mac or Yao gets injured they have a very good chance of making the playoffs.

They will probaly make it in as the 8th seed. I like there chances because I think they are a better team than Golden State plus they have an easy schedule ahead.

60% that they will make the playoffs

listen I live in Houston..as we speak I made a bet a few weeks ago for portland to have a better record than houston..I think i'm gonna lose the bet

but yes they still need to trade mcgrady!

If they can get and stay healthy in the second half of the season, very good, but those are a couple very big if's!

90% they'll go to playoffs but .01% they'll move past the first round.

• Real slim. T-Mac is too injury prone. He's as soft as cotton candy.

100%. They will pass GS and Portland to make the playoffs. it is possible they will end up to 5th or 6th place.

I hate to say it (t-mac fan) but they need to trade him away..He is not giving them any production..

There chance are not very good...

• Tony R

None if they trade T-Mac. But, if they stay intact about 40%.