Has anybody ever been to a slaughter House? How is a slaughter house any different to the holocaust?

I was recently researching the actions that occurred during the holocaust. It reminded me of an animal slaughter house. Why is a slaughter house accepted?

It seems that the answers I'm getting just highlight the ignorance to the subject matter. I see no difference bewteen animals and people, I see life. I look into the eyes of a cow and I see a living creature, one that without our 'preference' would live a rather peaceful life. Tell you what, go to a slaughter house, look into the eyes of these 'living beings' and then ask if you can kill one. Better still, go for drinks with the guy whose job it is to kill scores of animals a day for six days a week.

Favorite Answer

I agree with you. Even people who eat non veg cannot bring themselves to kill an animal.I find many of them exceptionally kind and sensitive and find ways and means to avoid killing even insects.I don't know why people have to eat animals and birds when it is possible to get healthy,wholesome,tasty vegetarian food

Perhaps your use of the holocaust was a tad unnecessary, however, I understand your perspective. Preference versus subsistence. In tribal communities, they kill only what they need whereas in our throw away western world we have what's known as mass production farming. Most animals have a nervous system which means they feel pain, take a fish out of water and it will squirm to free itself, listen to the roars of cows in a slaughter house and it sounds like people screaming for help. I see the imagery.

We must allow people to exercise their choice and true choice is made through knowledge. I suggest that everyone research the slaughter houses and mass production farming and know the choices that are available before slating each other on these websites. At the end of the day its individual choice and your way is only 'another way' and not 'the way'.

Pythagoras and Einstein did state that only when we've stopped killing animals will we ever know peace. So perhaps you have a valuable offering, just tone down the manner in which you bring it to the world.

best of luck.

The difference is that the holocaust was done in pure hatred. Jews where not killed to be made into products which provides jobs and supports families; jews where murdered because they were beleived to be infirior to other people, that they where some how less human. By calling a slaughter house an reinactment of the holocaust you are saying that the jews where no better than animals, and if jews, being human, are on the same level as animals, they so are you. Unless, of course, you are better than an animal, then that makes you racist, practically a Neo Nazi, wouldn't you say?

I have been to a slaughter house. Whilst doing my Chef's apprenticeship in College we took a class trip to one to see how exactly animals were treated and slaughtered. I do not know about practices in other countries, but here in Canada it is as humane a process as possible. How could you possibly compare that to the Holocaust? That is the most ignorant statement I have ever heard.

*Did I mention I also HUNT and FISH?? So don't go putting your lame "look into the eyes" crap on me. Vegetables and plants are also alive, just to a different extent than humans and animals. How can you possibly justify the innocent slaughter of millions of vegetables every year??? All for your selfish consumption??? Get off your high horse and go eat some bean curds. Pass the bacon.

Because most people on Yahoo have some sick hate against animals, saying that they are superior. That's the same excuse that Southerners used against black slaves, "they are 3/5 humans, they have no feelings, we are helping the economy". MURDER is MURDER and if people were truly "superior" than they wouldn't have to rely on the absolutely barbaric practice of shipping off sweet little animals to be tortured and murdered. They feel because they are human that they are different. Well is a dog and a fish the same? We all feel hurt because scientifically peaking we are all animals. People are not smart. They cause wars that murder millions and they destroy the earth they live on. Animals should be treated with kindness, especially domestic animals who have became close to us. Animals are sweet souls no matter what people may say. Many of dogs have saved their humans from death by barking before a huge fire broke out or the person had a heart attack. Now if your to incapable of understanding we're all in this world together, than you are a terrible person!

The world is already in a hunger crisis: http://media.worldvision.org/email/200601/prospect...

The fact is, is that Humans are omnivores, meaning that they are capable of eating both plants and animals. Even most of Human evolution is contributed to the lighting of fire and making it easier to eat meat. Those who say that animal eating is wrong, have saved one animal, but killed another 1000 people out there. It is easy for you to sit on your chair and whine about the killing of animals. Have you imagined yourself in Africa? People there are begging for food and you being choosy is just exploiting your rights. Sure, domestic animals like dogs and cats should not be killed. You are forgetting however, that even if we turned the whole world into vegetarians, lions will still kill zebras, sharks will still attack defenceless prey. I'm sorry to say it, but it is a dog-eat-dog world out there. Jump into an ocean and a shark would not care about whether your human or not. It'll be thinking of what to satisfy its stomach with.

And the Holocaust is not something to compare with. Unless you have family that went through it, you are not in the position to compare anything with it. The main thing that was frightening about the Holocaust was that a pen is mightier than a sword. A pen started the killings of millions of innocent people. Ever heard of the book Hitler wrote in jail?

Good Luck~

Because there is a difference between animals and people. The animals are being used for food and other products. The holocaust was the attempted genocide of a human race.

EDITED TO ADD: Your ignorance of the atrocities committed during the holocaust is what is shocking. I'll bet $100 you have leather birkenstocks in your closet. Get a real cause. Open your eyes to the real injustices in the world. God gave us the earth and everything in it to use...and take care of. Management is everything.

oh god your a vegan arnt you well for 1 we dont eat humans and compareing a slaughter house to the holocaust is just dam disrespectful and making the execution of inocent people seem trivial so go find something constructive to do instead of asking stupid ignorant questions

the difference between a slaughter house and the holocaust is that in a slaughter house they do it for a vaild reason...food.

Because cows aren't people...(just in case you didn't know...people are not a food source for other people...in most civilized countries of the world...)