Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

what is your favorite bible fairy tale?

mine is jonah and the whale/big fish (you guys can't even decide on that)

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There's one theme I like, rather than a single story.

An all-powerful perfect being creates the world, but he screws it up so bad, he wipes it out with a flood and starts over.

Somehow, flooding it and starting over didn't work, so the all-powerful perfect being gets himself born as a human, gets himself killed, and that's supposed to fix things.

But this all-powerful perfect screwup still didn't fix things, so he promises to come back and blow everything up all over again as "foretold" in the book of Revelation.

Will he ever get it right? Will God finally perfect his creation, or will he keep getting pissed off and destroying everything? Will there be a sequel to the Bible? Will it be made into a film?

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

If you don't believe then why did you ask the question? Actually most all of the miracles told about in the Bible have been scientifically proven. As in the story of Moses parting the Red Sea, scientists believe an earthquake caused the actual parting, but can you say with total certainty that God didn't cause the quake??? I hope you can find the peace God offers to all who believe in him.

• 1 decade ago

Noah's Ark

• 1 decade ago

i like the one where the guys all live to be like 600 years old and keep having children the whole time. and then the getting two of every single species to walk the earth and sticking them on a boat that one guy made. that's pretty interesting.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The dream that Joseph inturpereted was pretty cool.

• 6 years ago

the story where it says that god has a son. it seems that the insecure ***** finally got some pussy.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I noticed that the preachers don't tell you the whole Bible truth when they teach the "creation" story... and that is a shame!

Everything that God created "was good, very good"—But soon after creation God had to deal with all kinds of glitches. God created man to till a garden that he planted in the region of Babylon-today's Iraq. Adam was created in God's own image... MALE! and in that image Adam was very much focused in finding a help meet or mate for himself among ALL the animals that God created. They both looked hard one by one while Adam was naming ALL the animals. Adam must have tried a sheep and who knows how many more animals Finally God admits a glitch in his creation repeating twice that his original “very good” idea about creating man alone is "no good" after all..(Gen 2:18-20)

Eve was created as an afterthought after it was found that no animal was suitable for Adam's pleasure. God created Eve under a tremendous amount of pressure a clear move away from his funky male only image. That’s probably why they came up more featifull than men. I am sure that God had created a way for reproduction of our human male species in his original plan, but we will never know. I wonder if any Creationist Scientist is taking the challenge to prove that man can make a sheep or any other animal pregnant with a human baby boy! Creationists read the Bible and look around for supporting evidence! This is a simple proof that the Bible is truthful to science! By the time Eve was introduced to Adam he knew a lot about animal sex so he was not acting like a nerd with her!... and so on... This is the honest Bible truth!

• 1 decade ago

The Story of Job

It shows just how sadistic the Judeo Christian God is when God hits Job with plagues and kills his family, all just to show Satan how steadfast Job's faith is.

God uses Job to make a point to Satan.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Mine is where Jesus lets people kill him because his daddy couldn't think of a better way to forgive people of the sins they supposedly committed.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Creation. Its absolutely hysterical that God created trees before he created the sun to grow trees.... And, the two differing versions are so far apart, I cant figure out how anyone justifies them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the one about daniel and the lions

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.