Where's my refund says Feb 19th - this is not a Friday.?

I thought the IRS made direct deposits only on Friday. However, their website says Feb 19th which is a Tuesday. My return was accepted on Feb 8th. Anyone know when I will get my refund?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Feb. 19th you will get your refund....

You've heard wrong about Fridays....

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There are two computer systems in use at the IRS. The old system only deposited on Fridays and is used for most returns, so that's the date used on the refund chart.

The new system handles only SIMPLE tax returns (1040EZ and a few 1040As) and can issue refunds any day of the week.

• Jeff
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

They do deposit on Fridays. Your expected date will probably reduce down to the friday before that date, or possibly even the friday before that. One thing i've noticed about they're website/phone, is that they don't really seem give an exact date until just a couple days before they deposit it.

• 1 decade ago

It means that they will transmit on 2/15, but depending on your bank you will have it by *2/19*. So, you could get it anytime between Friday-Tuesday (depending on your bank).

I got the same date, but i looked up the IRS transmit date chart and it has the same info there.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

you didnt hear wrong about fridays. http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p2043.pdf that is the IRS calendar. it clearly shows that all direct deposits are made on fridays. hope this helps.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.