Confederate flag?

What do you think of when you see it?

Oh, and if you don't mind telling me where you live.

Favorite Answer

I feel pride and i love when i see it. I am from Virginia and proud of it. Shrew you have no idea what youre talking about and need to read a history book and not some liberal biased one from Ohio. The flag doenst have anything to do with racism, i know black people who fly the flag. The war was not fought over slavery. I had many family members who died for this flag and they died along with blacks, jews, indians, and many other cultures.

I think of southern people and rednecks. I like the south a lot and my cousins are rednecks so I like the flag. It has a redneck meaning now, not the old confederate meaning. I am from the south west, not the south.

The south...and the drama that surround the flag..

Im from Tennessee but live in AZ

I think of racism! A lot of African American people suffered because of that flag! I am from Southern Ohio where a lot of the slaves escaped to so they could gain their freedom!

• Shrew

I've always thought it looked cool and liked it, until some African American friends told me what it really stood for. When you fly the rebel flag it's kinda like saying you want slavery back or your in support of it. I'm not sure if most people who fly it really feel that way or not. I think it's more of an honoring of their roots. I still think it looks cool, but I think about it more then I used to. By the way I'm from Northern California.

Rednecks and the Dukes of Hazzard.- Colorado

I think of a divided nation that did not end up dividing but probably will and has shown we can.

Rude.

Florida.

And I happened to see one the other day.

My boyfriend and his friends because he is southern...

my southern heritage-NC