I have what I am sure is a very easy question about my computer running out of space.?

OK, finally after having my computer for quite a while now, it is now giving me notice that I am running low on disk space. I was able to find where to check how much is left and the "pie" picture of my computer is all blue, so there isn't much space left at all (can't remember how much it said).... show more OK, finally after having my computer for quite a while now, it is now giving me notice that I am running low on disk space. I was able to find where to check how much is left and the "pie" picture of my computer is all blue, so there isn't much space left at all (can't remember how much it said). I have done the standard things to free-up space, but I do need to increase the space in my computer. Here is my question (please forgive me for being so ignorant - I am no computer nerd): I think it is the "RAM" that I need to increase, but I'm not sure how to do that. I can't do it myself, but was wondering - Do I just take my computer in somewhere and tell them to increase the RAM? If so, how much would you suggest, and also how much does this cost? I know that a ton of you out there will know this, so the first one who will give me a good, well-thought-out answer that I know isn't just an answer for points, will get those 10 points. Thank you so much!
Update: OK, OK, I give. Now I know what RAM is and what it isn't! :) Also, I did do what "yaguru" said and I did do the "clean up disk" option, so I have gotten rid of as much as I can with the unnecessary stuff on my computer. I should have also said that I think a huge majority of what is on... show more OK, OK, I give. Now I know what RAM is and what it isn't! :) Also, I did do what "yaguru" said and I did do the "clean up disk" option, so I have gotten rid of as much as I can with the unnecessary stuff on my computer. I should have also said that I think a huge majority of what is on my computer is music, but I want to keep it on my computer. (I knew I would get a bunch of answers with this one - probably everyone but me knows about this stuff!)