Popular kid treats me like dirt?

Ok, before my question, heres the details. Well im in high school and i am a junior. I hang out with some friends, and this kid (hes really popular) always hangs around with us. He is nice to everyone except me. I have NEVER done anything to him and i was always nice to him. He treats me like dirt and he makes... show more Ok, before my question, heres the details. Well im in high school and i am a junior. I hang out with some friends, and this kid (hes really popular) always hangs around with us. He is nice to everyone except me. I have NEVER done anything to him and i was always nice to him. He treats me like dirt and he makes fun of me and everything, and i cant get away cuz he hangs out with all my friends, i let him borrow money and he wont pay me back either. Every day he gives me very mean and hurtful comments. It is starting to make me depressed and i hate him sooo much, i dont hate anyone except him, i hate him so much! and it makes me so angry how the girls just watch him and laugh along...

Ok my question is: how do i make him like me more and stop making fun of me? I already still be nice to him even though he treats me like crap.
Update: its making me very depressed....
Update 2: Every time i try to say something back he says stuff like "what are you going to do" or "watch what you say or ill beat you up" its stupid cuz if i try to do the same stuff that he does to me he gets all pissed, and he obviously things hes better