Is a double major in finance and math/statistics a good combination for job opportunities?

I am a freshman and I want to double major in finance and math/statistics with a minor in Spanish. Is this a good combination? What kind of jobs would I be able to get? Is there a better combination?

• Ranto
    Favorite Answer

It is a great combination

Source(s): FInance Professor (with PhD in FInance and BS in Math)
  • mackey

Finance And Math Double Major

• fcas80

Finance and math is an excellent combination: Most math majors are very theoretical and can't apply math to anything useful; many finance majors are weak in math and find their career prospects limiting. A math/finance person would be in demand by Goldman Sachs and similar investment houses, by insurance companies for actuarial work, by consulting firms like McKinsey & Company, etc.

I'm not sure what the Spanish adds to this, unless your goal is to work in a Spanish-speaking area.

Source(s): I am an actuary.
  • Bill

An excellent combination. I have heard graduates with a degree in financial maths are being snapped up as soon as they are qualified - especially if they have a Masters in it.

Source::

BSc Math

Masters in Financial Math Student.

PS - I have retired from work - I am just doing it out if interest -but other have told me it has great career prospects.

Thanks

Bill