Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetGoogle · 1 decade ago

gmail question?

is gmail safe to use? is the gmail's security against spam and phising good?

• Paul
    Favorite Answer

Gmail is safe. I've used it for a few years, now as my primary email account. I've only gotten about 5 phishing emails the entire time. When you open the message, Gmail displays a bright red banner at the top saying that Gmail believes that it could be phishing. It's always been right. (But like I said, it's only happened about 5 times over the course of a few years.)

I get about 10 pieces of spam every day. 99% of it goes straight to the spam folder. It's very surprising when I get an actual piece of spam in my regular inbox. I've never had a problem with good messages going to the spam box either. Gmail keeps spam for 30 days before deleting it. I feel that Gmail is just as good as anybody when it comes to spam. I think it's possible that an email here or there could slip through, but that's the risk of using email in my opinion.

Gmail has far surpassed all of the outher email programs that we have today.

I have been useing Gmail for two years,it does a great job putting the spam in the spam folder.

I like the notifier feature and the chat feature and what realy tops things off is your mail box is never ever full.

You can send and receive huge emails with mega attachment and alls you can send Mega attachments without any problems.

Have a nice day

Been using gmail since the very early days (when it was by invite only), virtually no spam or phishing at all.

Have had gmail since day 1..it's great!!

Gmail is killer.

99% of my spam goes where it is suppose to and I rarely if ever get a real message going to the spam filter.

• Gmail is safe and free.

Gmail has the best spam filter of any webmail.

I still get a lot of spam but it all gets caught in the spam filter which works very well, I've never lost a real message in there.

I would try to contact google support through their support chat or their phone number. Sometimes they can help you out. Email hacks stink because once someone gets ahold of your alternate emails, they change them. usually someone you know is the only ones that would hack because they know more about you. Just a thought, not a good one though.

Yes! I find it best, I have tried nearly every client, and I like G-mail the best. And I forgot to add, there is a "delete all spam" feature that is very, very useful!