Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

what is the whole deal with people being able to tap into cameras?

i've heard about it and seen something about it on TV but i don't really understand. i know security cams can be tapped but they also say that video cams for your computer can be tapped. so i assume that includes the camera in laptops. please clarify the whole thing for me and if there is a way to encrypt and prevent it please explain it to me. thank you.

these are all great answers. i heard there is encryption software you can use and passwords. my webcam doesn't come with any security. what software can you use?

Favorite Answer

These cams can be tapped using trojan virus software!

Here is a quick and sneaky test, next time your mouse moves as if someone is controlling your PC then IMMEDIATELY disconnect your PC from the internet by unplugging the network/modem wire. Then watch your mouse..if your mouse suddenly behaves itself well you know what the deal is. But regardless, run the antivirus no matter what!

Anyway...lots of websites can hack you if you connect to them directly so if you wanna visit a dubious suspicious website then go through a proxy such as this one to be safe:

http://www.sneakthrough.com

This is a good one, works with myspace and facebook quite well...and I shouldn't have to tell you what a dangerous place myspace has become, should I? Prevention is better than cure.

There are Trojans which, when installed, can activate, deativate, or capture video from a webcam, etc. if you still need more help, then just ask, I know lots of computer security issues.

you cna only do it ..maybe with wireless if you know what your doing. if its wired someone has to give you a tape of it . anything that broadcast through the air can be intersepted before it hits your reciver .nothing you can do about it except use a wire camera system/